Insurance premiums

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickmcbreen

Just got my UK renewal notice …32 % increase just like last years renewal! When queried last time I got no satisfactory explanation other than “it’s the market” ! Same response this time so if anybody can suggest an insurer who isn’t taking the mick on EV/Hybrid vehicles please let me know?

Best bet is try the comparison sites and see what comes back. It's a lottery at the mo on insurance, unfortunately. I went with Flow in Jan as the original renewal note was 2x what the previous was.

Best bet is try the comparison sites and see what comes back. It's a lottery at the mo on insurance, unfortunately. I went with Flow in Jan as the original renewal note was 2x what the previous was.
Thanks for comment .. I use a broker but they say they don’t cover the whole market ..what use is a broker who doesn’t have whole market access ? Chocolate teapot methinks!

Thanks for comment .. I use a broker but they say they don’t cover the whole market ..what use is a broker who doesn’t have whole market access ? Chocolate teapot methinks!
Yep, I was with Adrian Flux a long while since they were good when I was running an Alfa, but these past few years they just weren't able to get a rate that was competitive, esp since insurance costs leapt upward during/since covid and now it seems PH/BEV's are getting hit hard as well. Makes the idea of moving the population to electric harder and harder to sell huh.

Back