Interesting article

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phevmike

Not sure which part of the forum this should go, but this might be relevant to anyone who has had problems with their home chargers, as I have. After just six weeks it started playing up.

It's been absolutely impossible to get anywhere with the installation company and charger manufacturer since ours stopped working over two weeks ago. In the end we had to get an electrician, at our own expense, to fix it. Really not happy and it seems the govt should take a portion of the blame for not enforcing these manufacturers to provide backup with their products.

Perhaps Mitsubishi should have gone down the same route as Tesla has with selling customers their own, branded domestic chargers and providing them with the backup required.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/green-motoring/11184799/Londons-electric-car-infrastructure-falling-into-ruin.html

I don't see how it can ever be economical to run - a full charge into a PHEV will give you the equivalent of about half a gallon of range - which limits the price that can be charged to something like £2.50. That will keep the point occupied for several hours - in all probability all day - if I drive into London and put the car on charge, I will spend the whole day in my office before returning - hence locking the point up. Hence the maximum income from most charging points is likely to be limited to £5 per day - no way on earth that they make any kind of economic sense, I'm afraid.

Yes thanks for the link re London charging stations,it does seem very fragmented,and not very good if our Capital city cannot get it right,have to agree with maby,the economics do not stack up.Fortunately for me London is not relevant.
I have had a BG home charger fitted in my main house,and at a rental property we use,both work fine so far. I have briefly used the Mitsu supplied 13 amp domestic charger, but much prefer the BG unit for speed.

I am now approaching 2000 miles in the car and still loving it,I often make up reasons to go out in it,just for the pleasure,just for the record I am one of the RR Sport downsizers,with no regrets.Actually downsizer sounds wrong,how about early adopter.

phevmike said:
Not sure which part of the forum this should go, but this might be relevant to anyone who has had problems with their home chargers, as I have. After just six weeks it started playing up.

It's been absolutely impossible to get anywhere with the installation company and charger manufacturer since ours stopped working over two weeks ago. In the end we had to get an electrician, at our own expense, to fix it. Really not happy and it seems the govt should take a portion of the blame for not enforcing these manufacturers to provide backup with their products.

Perhaps Mitsubishi should have gone down the same route as Tesla has with selling customers their own, branded domestic chargers and providing them with the backup required.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/green-motoring/11184799/Londons-electric-car-infrastructure-falling-into-ruin.html

Interesting problem because if you got it "free" then you have no recourse to Sale of Goods & Services Act 1982.

greendwarf said:
phevmike said:

Interesting problem because if you got it "free" then you have no recourse to Sale of Goods & Services Act 1982.

That's probably not the case - you will have a certificate and supply contract which shows the value of the supplied goods and installation cost - which have been paid by the OLEV Therefore the goods and services act does apply if a problem exists...

I think mine came with a warranty document - though I have no idea where it is now. Since the relevant government department has paid a significant subsidy to let you have it, I would think they would be suitably annoyed with the installer if it stopped working...

dgmulti said:
That's probably not the case - you will have a certificate and supply contract which shows the value of the supplied goods and installation cost - which have been paid by the OLEV Therefore the goods and services act does apply if a problem exists...

That's what we thought. Anyway, we paid £120 inc vat for the 32 amp upgrade, so it's not like we've contributed nothing towards it. I just can't believe a system has been organised by which no-one is taking responsibility for faulty equipment.

Had some stunning replies from Rolec too, in the space of a week they changed their story from 'oh we've had a few complaints like this' to 'you're the first in 22,000 that we've sold to complain'.

phevmike said:
dgmulti said:

That's what we thought. Anyway, we paid £120 inc vat for the 32 amp upgrade, so it's not like we've contributed nothing towards it. I just can't believe a system has been organised by which no-one is taking responsibility for faulty equipment.

Had some stunning replies from Rolec too, in the space of a week they changed their story from 'oh we've had a few complaints like this' to 'you're the first in 22,000 that we've sold to complain'.

That is disappointing, as I rather fancied the Rolec :(

Back