Interior Lighting

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgew

Have recently taken delivery of my GX4hs and am very pleased with it. Apologies if this topic has been raised in the past whilst I get to grips with the car. My question is regarding interior illumination particularly of the window and door controls mounted in the drivers door. There is no lighting so that you have to guess which button you're pressing in the dark. My dealer says that this is correct, but I find it hard to believe that such a sophisticated car leaves you literally in the dark. Is my dealer correct?

He is. A common complaint, clearly not fixed on the new model.. Mitsubishi has a habit of being skimpy on some details. Does the new model still only have one coat hook in the rear roof grips ?

The drivers window button has an orientation ridge on its front edge rather like that on the number 5 on my PC's keypad - they expect you to operate these without looking. :? May be a Japanese thing because my Toyota was the same. :ugeek:

Thanks guys for your responses. Amazing that I can read my height above sea level, but can't find the buttons! And yes, there still is only one coat hook.

Yep, crazy, they have a little yellow/orange light up by the interior light / sunroof switch that does absolutely nothing useful but they wont light up the switches.

Ours seems to have a luminous dot on the drivers door window control - which serves to provide orientation. I have to say that it would never occur to me to look at the switches in the door handle while driving at night - I can navigate them by touch perfectly well.

jthspace said:
Yep, crazy, they have a little yellow/orange light up by the interior light / sunroof switch that does absolutely nothing useful but they wont light up the switches.

But at least you know where the button to open the sunroof is when it's dark! :lol:

Neverfuel said:
jthspace said:

But at least you know where the button to open the sunroof is when it's dark! :lol:

OK, knew it was there for something - need to lock doors, so, open roof, drive under street lamp, illuminates inside of door, find switch, lock doors, look up, close roof, drive into river . . . . drown because doors are locked and I cant get out. :roll:

:lol:

jthspace said:
Not the only car that has it nowadays. It seems to be a legal requirement somewhere (Outer Mongolia most likely :twisted: )

My 08 reg Qashquai had what they called a 'MOOD LIGHT' in the ceiling.
The only trouble was it was RED!. Which struck me as daft. Red is the colour of ANGER. I would have thought they would want a calming mood?
But I agree the little orange tit is completely pointless it doesn't illuminate anything.

Just came across this picture from Mitsubishi where you can see clearly the illumination of the window switches in the door panel. Maybe it's an option? :cool: Strange.....

interieur-design-mitsubishi-outlander-phev.jpeg

I'm pretty sure that the driver's window button on our 2014 GX4h is illuminated. There is a small glowing bar on it which I had interpreted as simply luminous paint, but looking at it yesterday night, it did seem to only light up when the car is turned on.

maby said:
I'm pretty sure that the driver's window button on our 2014 GX4h is illuminated. There is a small glowing bar on it which I had interpreted as simply luminous paint, but looking at it yesterday night, it did seem to only light up when the car is turned on.

I spotted that yesterday! I thought it had a drop of luminous paint on it as it was very dim and could only be seen out of the corner of my eye, it seemed to disappear if I stared at it. I had a look tonight but my security light is too bright and I cant quite see the switch light (if that is what it is) as the ambient light is too bright. Have to say, it's a crap light if there is a bulb in there, the useless orange roof light is far brighter.

If I can find my plastic trim tool, I will try and pop the switch unit out over the weekend.

I checked last night on my 2016 4H and the bar on the drivers window switch does have some illumination, albeit not very bright.
Could it just be an optical link from a light source elsewhere ?

Douglas said:
I checked last night on my 2016 4H and the bar on the drivers window switch does have some illumination, albeit not very bright.

Are you sure it is not just luminous paint as on earlier models? - does it come on & off with the power?

greendwarf said:
Douglas said:

Are you sure it is not just luminous paint as on earlier models? - does it come on & off with the power?

I don't think it is luminous paint on earlier models - ours is a late 2014 GX4h and the light in the switch certainly seems to be linked to the car being powered up.

I was aware of the previous suggestions about luminous paint so screened it with my hands whilst looking down at it, so was fairly sure it was a "light".
Didn't think to turn things off to see. Will do that next time I am out at nights.

With me the "luminous paint" is linked to the dashboard etc. lights (I'm fairly convinced, I'll have to check tonight), so it must be a faint bulb/LED. 2013 model.

Back