iPod troubles - Confirming Media

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillerBob

I have just spent an hour trying to use my iPod Classic in my new Phev. I connect with the iPod cable, and the display says "Confirming Media", but this is all it does... I read it could take a long time, so I left it for 30 min., but alas. Then I tried connecting my iPod Nano, and it was working in 3 min.

The iPod Classic is one of the older 160GB ones, but it does have the most updated firmware, and according to the manual, ver. 1.1.2 should work???

Sadly the PHEV takes a long time indexing. IIRC mine took half an hour to do 16GB ipod Touch, so who knows how long 160GB would take. The worst thing is, it doesn't seem to be much better when you reconnect on a different occasion. Not the best ipod integration I've come across.

KillerBob,

My commute is 25 minutes and my Ipod Classic 160gb (Full, about 23,000 tracks) will not register and play in that period although it does say "Ipod Removed" or something if I unplug it.

I have only had the PHEV 6 days but on my first day I plugged the PHEV in at work and left it on for 6 hours - lo and behold the Ipod was working when I went to the car at lunchtime. Since then however it has not worked but my charging has only been around 5 hours. I do not know if this is a factor but it is strange that it is inconsistent unless the track volume and that extra hour makes a difference.

Ron

When you all say it will take equally long time if I reconnect, do you mean even if I just turn off the car, but leave the iPod plugged in?

Have just been to lunch, car was on charge for about 6 hours, Ipod "not connected" - it was.

Not sure why there is the inconsistency.

So, the Phev/iPod combination is a poor one. What about a USB stick with music in the directory structure prescribed? Would a 64GB USB stick be any faster than an iPod? It would a pain in the a.. to fill it up with music (because I can't use iTunes to sync with), but would it work?

I have given up with the Ipod 160gb and started using 16gb and 32gb USB sticks instead - just drag songs onto the stick from ITunes. It also makes me more selective in what I want to hear.

Going to get some SD cards from The River to try this weekend as I have heard that the sound quality is better than the USB Stick.

Have a good one

Ron

ronnob said:
I have given up with the Ipod 160gb and started using 16gb and 32gb USB sticks instead - just drag songs onto the stick from ITunes. It also makes me more selective in what I want to hear.

Going to get some SD cards from The River to try this weekend as I have heard that the sound quality is better than the USB Stick.

Have a good one

Ron
The problem i faced with a 64gb memory stick was that it never got indexed. 30mins into my journey and it was still indexing. I swapped it for a 32gb one, same make and model, it took 10 mins to index and worked well.
The mmcs has changed very little since it was introduced several years back. A let down given the cutting edge technology the car has.

SD cards work well - spent a couple of hours creating one at the weekend and not had a problem. Can search by artist, genre etc. I used a combination of Windows Media Player and File Manager.

iPod classic with 120G of songs does work, but only displays the songs in alphabetical order....

The 64G SD card isn't much better taking ages to update.
Amusingly this plays the audio tracks if you have MPEG or movie file included.
Track searching doesnt exist.
Albums in 'File format' and voice or steering wheel buttons only work for 'next' or 'previous' track.

Bluetooth audio streaming.
Works well with Samsung devices, not so well with Sony Z1 Compact which often locks up and goes quiet.

All in all I have 100's of Gig of music and often end up listening to the radio (of which MW and LW don't pick up ANY stations!)

I have an 8 year old Pioneer Navigation system which is better than this 'State of the Art' system :(

steviechi said:
Bluetooth audio streaming.
Works well with Samsung devices, not so well with Sony Z1 Compact which often locks up and goes quiet.

I've found my Samsung Note 2 is "so so" but the Nexus 7 is much better - on the GX3h stereo anyway. Actually sounds better (maybe the list of common Bluetooth codecs between stereo and device) and the display shows tags - same Poweramp app on both, same settings.

Back