Is it just my car? Ø kWh/100km displayd make no sense at all

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim

First I realized it in the tester I drove, but didn't expect my newly delivered car to show the very same fault:

Display of the Ø kWh/100km on the ECO-Screen as well as when diplayed via split screen shows totally random numbers.
One moment it shows a Ø of 26.2 kWh/100km and only one minute later it says Ø 6.6 kWh/100km. Very next minute maybe Ø 28 kWh/100km and after that down to Ø 1.2 kWh/100km.

I don't see the point.
Are your numbers fluctuating as much as mine?
Reading the manual of the MMCS clearly states, that that parameter 's supposed to show the average usage of electricity since last reset?!
To me it looks more like it resets itself every minute or so....?!

Is it the instantaneous value, rather than an average?

My current car has both for mpg. Instantaneous is quite good for showing when you can lift your foot to be more economical.

Made this observation in another post already! Virtually all information in the MMCS is useless except l/100km or MpG. Both screens, Auto and Manual show always both the same figures for Kw/km as well as for the Ratio Electric Drive which is always reset to 100% on both screens. Absolutely useless information and a shame for Mitsubishi. Said this already to my dealer

There should be a difference, but there isnt ! Auto should reset data 4 hours after last drive, Manual should be reset only by the driver. As I wrote already it's only workling correctly for fuel consumption, all the rest is scrap and not working correctly at all

The EV page on the split screen has the similar dopey data for kWh/100km while driving. The MMCS is only showing reasonable data for EV only. When the ICE participates in the energy mix, the numbers go pear shaped.

Total revamp is needed so drivers who have already committed their dosh can get some value without having to buy another car. If Mitsi don't fix the bugs, I would not support the product again.

Hmmm.. I bought the car for the driving, not for some displays which would contribute very little or nothing, even if the worked correctly.

Hmmm indeed. I get value from money saved using this car, not from interacting with a screen. I have an Xbox for that. :D

I do not agree, if a device (MMCS) is present it should work correctly, otherwise it should not be built into the car, making it less expensive. If Mitsu advertises the car with all these e-gadgets they should work, independently if they are used by the driver or not. I am for instance NOT using the courtesy mirror, but would complain if it would not work....

+1

We have paid for all the technology in the car, and it should all work. To not use a particular screen because it does not work clearly highlights there is a problem. We would have a great car instead of a comfy or cheap car. Imagine the good PR for Mitsubishi if all the functions in all the systems were bug free.

Streaks in the paintwork do not affect the cost of running the car or the way the car drives, but I am sure they would affect a decision to buy the car. Trouble is you see a streak immediately and not some time later when you realize the feature you try and use is not functioning as expected.

JKL said:
There should be a difference, but there isnt ! Auto should reset data 4 hours after last drive, Manual should be reset only by the driver. As I wrote already it's only workling correctly for fuel consumption, all the rest is scrap and not working correctly at all
Hi All - newbie here - previously member of Yeti Owners club and found the wealth of information exchange a significant help in enjoying the car!
Pleased to say this Forum seems equally useful. I have been trying to set the car to provide me with a full tank to full tank mpg to provide some sort of MPG comparison to previous conventional car and been frustrated by the Auto-reset despite Manual setting!
Have been scouring the book to find what I'm doing wrong! Can anyone point me in the right direction?
That said I am well pleased with my choice so far (600 miles!) and am achieving my 30mile commute on a sniff of petrol most days!

I would not rely too much on the displays. After 1 1/2 years and 37500 Km I still cannot correlate the different readouts. For instance: I fill up the tank during a long drive, the car displays 10.4 Km/L or such and the MMCS display claims 645 Km range of which 8 electric. On 45 Liters capacity - go figure...
The only reliable way to establish consumption in my experience is Km/Miles over Liters refilled.

I would agree, kW / km is either unreliable or we still don't understand it :mrgreen: . But l / 100 km seems spot on. I have never rest my Manual Mode trip counter and after 17 months and 40000 km they show exactly the same consumption as my spreadsheet.

Indeed. When you see --- total range, you can probably do 100 km or more (with you are gentle). You may not want to, because much of that time, the car will no longer engage in parallel mode :oops:

anko said:
I would agree, kW / km is either unreliable or we still don't understand it :mrgreen: . But l / 100 km seems spot on. I have never rest my Manual Mode trip counter and after 17 months and 40000 km they show exactly the same consumption as my spreadsheet.

I think the problem with kW/km (or miles/kw as we see it here) is that it does not restrict itself to the time when the car is running pure EV. If I go out on a cold morning and the petrol engine fires up for the first few miles, I simultaneously see very low mpg and very high miles/kWh - because, of course, it has used very little battery while travelling 5 miles.

anko said:
Hi Anko - newbie again.
I'm setting the mpg on the display via the rectangular 'menu' button (the one that toggles graphics in dash from energy flow to eco score to trip etc) to M but it seems to revert to A once the car has been left overnight. It seems to retain the info during the day in use so I am interested to know what I should do to keep the info from fill up to fill up? Your post suggests you have managed it somehow?

If I understand correctly, you want to know average fuel consumption over one tank of fuel?

"A" resets every time the cars is switched off for more than 4 hours. "M" is only reset 'on demand'. What you could do is make sure you are looking at the "M" score (easiest to use MMCS for that, as MMCS allows you to do that even when the engine is already started up and such) and reset it when you fill up the tank. Then, check the "M" score again on the next fill-up.

Back