It comes tomorrow....

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived today, a day early!

Took it into town, drove around a bit and back again ... absolutely brilliant!

Couple of things I stumbled on initially.

- Couldn't get it to lock at one point, but discovered I hadn't shut the tailgate properly.
- It seems if you take your foot off the brake pedal after switching on before engaging drive/reverse then drive/reverse won't engage ... or something along those lines. Anyway, just had to power off and start again.

Enjoy tomorrow! I'm sure you'll be as chuffed as I am right now.

I'll put my signature under the leasing contract today.

I'm just very glad, that the car is already on it's way to switzerland, so I won't have to wait to long, only 3-4 weeks :D

BobEngineer said:
gazter76 said:
All excited, my gx3h comes tomorrow...... Just wanted to say!

Me too. They must be selling a mountain of these babies! Enjoy

Like the person above mine is on a lease. I would never seriously consider spending the kind of money that a new outlander costs, but at around £290 a month inclusive of vat and 20k per year mileage, it comes across as a very attractive offer. Substantially less than the depreciation and the finance costs. If after two years i like it, i might just go and buy a used one!

gazter76 said:
BobEngineer said:
gazter76 said:

Like the person above mine is on a lease. I would never seriously consider spending the kind of money that a new outlander costs, but at around £290 a month inclusive of vat and 20k per year mileage, it comes across as a very attractive offer. Substantially less than the depreciation and the finance costs. If after two years i like it, i might just go and buy a used one!

Mine is a company car so its the tax (or lack of) for me. It is a pricey vehicle for me and I have to top up the companies contribution but offset against the ultra low tax I am still well off from it.

Also any 'private use contribution' a driver makes to the employer for a vehicle can be deducted from the BIK charge so more I contribute the less car tax I pay.. nearly wipes it out all together!

gazter76 said:
...but at around £290 a month inclusive of vat and 20k per year mileage, it comes across as a very attractive offer. Substantially less than the depreciation and the finance costs. If after two years i like it, i might just go and buy a used one!
:shock:
You got it amazingly cheap over there.
Here in Switzerland, mine sets me back a little more than £ 600 per month
plus the initial rate of £ 5.500
Where's the crying smiley??

gazter76 said:
BobEngineer said:
gazter76 said:

Ours is a company car - but the company is ours - a real win-win situation! :)

A 2 year GX3h lease for me also since last November. Main reason for leasing is that the PHEV is a new car in so many ways. I am treating this as a bit of an experiment to see how I get on with the car and if it really does what the brochure says - so far so good! Also I expect there will be facelift models (already announced) and possibly future hardware/technology upgrades such as better EV range and other features that would improve what is a very impressive vehicle already. Might take the plunge and buy one in a couple of years if all is well.

btw - has yours it arrived yet?

I took mine on a 4 year lease on the basis that I expect there to be a reasonable "Step Change" in technology within that timeframe that will then allow me to convert to all electric, just need 120 Mile Range in dire conditions unlike the LEAF that only has that under optimal conditions.

Either that or there will be a raft of PHEV options available.

Personally I would have loved the ASX to have been available as a PHEV as size wise it fits better for me than the Outlander, particularly on my drive which makes the gap between the car and the front door a bit on the tight side with the Outlander.

Even so, absolutely loving my Outlander GX3h, so it's not a complaint, just had the ASX been an option I would have selected that.

It did come... Didnt get a full charge. I notice the motorway driving i did today (Something i dont do that often) showed some pretty dreadful mpg. But fun driving round the city very quietly and not using petrol.

It looks great...

gazter76 said:
It did come... Didnt get a full charge. I notice the motorway driving i did today (Something i dont do that often) showed some pretty dreadful mpg. But fun driving round the city very quietly and not using petrol.

It looks great...

What do you consider "pretty dreadful"? On the motorway cruising at 60, it can turn in over 40mpg on pure petrol even in quite cold weather - I've just done it half way round the M25. Don't forget that for motorway driving, it soon becomes a rather heavy 4WD estate with a 2 litre petrol engine - 40mpg is pretty good!

Back