Jargon

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelCakes

Im just reading through posts and am trying to understand some of the jargon. Can someone tell me what ICE means?

Thanks

AngelCakes said:
Oh right, so when people talk about turning it on, is this a button?
There's no button to turn the engine on, it's pretty much a function of the car's software. There are things you can do to prevent it coming on (to a certain extent), such as not turning the heating on in cold weather in the GX4H and HS, and driving with a light touch on the accelerator. But the car will start and stop the engine as and when it decides it's necessary. And, of course, when there's no charge in the battery!

Regulo said:
AngelCakes said:
Oh right, so when people talk about turning it on, is this a button?
There's no button to turn the engine on, it's pretty much a function of the car's software. There are things you can do to prevent it coming on (to a certain extent), such as not turning the heating on in cold weather in the GX4H and HS, and driving with a light touch on the accelerator. But the car will start and stop the engine as and when it decides it's necessary. And, of course, when there's no charge in the battery!
There is a button that will cause the engine to start the engine. It is called Charge.

When people talk about "turning it on" they could refere to:

- Hitting the start button. It 'starts the car', but this does not necessarily start the engine.
- The car deciding to start the engine for reasons given above
- You deciding to start the engine, by means of the save button

When people use this phrase, it would be smart to clarify what they meant.

iansjones said:
ICE can also be In Car Entertainment.
so it depends on the context.

Ah but on this car Mitsubishi have given us the obvious MMCS so we don't get confused with jargon :?

anko said:
There is a button that will cause the engine to start the engine. It is called Charge.

Oh, yes, forgot Charge and Save! :( (Hardly use Charge, and rarely use Save). But I think AngelCakes was looking for a specific "Engine" button?

Thanks all! I have just read other posts which mention the ICE being used or it switching onto the and I just didnt understand it.

Regulo said:
anko said:

Oh, yes, forgot Charge and Save! :( (Hardly use Charge, and rarely use Save). But I think AngelCakes was looking for a specific "Engine" button?

And. of course. stamping on the accelerator :mrgreen:

Back