Just ordered a 2016 GX3h+

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DazzyB

Hi everyone.

I'm new here. I've just ordered a GX3h+ in Amethyst Black as a company car. I've been told there are unsold models in stock in UK so delivery should be very quick.
It's my first EV and first 4x4 so I'm pretty excited about it. I would have liked the 4h, mainly for the info screen for the stats and figures on performance/charging etc but it was just out of budget. Luckily the new 3+ includes the electric heater and phone app which I think is a real plus point.

Not bothered about the sunroof or the 360 camera and a motorised boot without a hands-free option seems a bit pointless, especially when it's as slow as the Outlander's. Am I missing anything else?

To be honest I've gone for this car purely on the basis of an affordable, large car in the lowest BIK band. My company will pay for all my fuel (including personal) so it's actually not in my interest financially to charge the EV system as I won't be able to claim my electricity bills back. As a techie-gadget-guy though I will be using the electric power when it's appropriate (at least until the novelty wears off) and look forward to playing with the car to try and get the best economy out of it.

I'll keep you all updated with delivery and my first impressions.

p.s. has anyone managed to hack the pedestrian warning sound yet and replace it with your favourite mp3? :)

You will enjoy the new 16 PHEV its a big improvement over the previous model and with the plus I am sure you will make good use of the app to pre warm and defrost with winter looming.

Your correct there are a number of available GX3h+ models in central stock - so approx 2-3 weeks delivery on this one. The Standard GX3h you will be looking possibly January at this stage and the GX4h/hs looking November/December.

I will post this info on a separate for information if anyone is looking to order.

DazzyB said:
p.s. has anyone managed to hack the pedestrian warning sound yet and replace it with your favourite mp3? :)

I must admit, I have considered doing this.

For example, a sample of the bass line from the Doctor Who theme...

:shock:

I collected my PHEV on Friday.

I absolutely love it! I never drove the previous model so I can't compare the refinement but I can say that it is amazingly quiet and smooth, even in petrol mode.

I've only seen one other MY2016 on the road so far so it feels very exclusive, especially with the bonnet lettering as an added option.

IMAG1981_1_zpshwjdmt1j.jpg.html

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/darrenbishop99/media/IMAG1981_1_zpshwjdmt1j.jpg.html

Back