"knocking" seat belt...?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fbitc

Hi everybody.

is it special to me? Or is it special for my car?
on not so good made roads, my co-drivers seat belt (when no one sits beside me) is knocking on the plastic cover on the side with a loud "plong, plong"...
annoying...

any suggestions?

Mine isn't knocking, though interestingly only this week I noticed for the first time that instead of the little plastic lump to stop the clip sliding down it, the passenger belt has a extra loop of belt stitched onto it to hold the clip in place when not in use which I have never noticed on any other car.

It appears to cushion it and stop it banging against the pillar when not in use.

Does yours have a little black plastic pip on it like the driver's and rear belts, or a loop sewn onto it?

no, mine has a little black pastic knob, to stop the buckle, from going to deep on the floor

i've found a picture on the web, which shows my "standard" position from the seat-belt.

it hangs in the middle of black plastic and not on the upper side, where the plastic is colored brighter (not black); there is a nose, but the buckle (don't know if this is the right word for it) wents down to the position as shown on the picture

outlander_innen_4.jpg

Just under the slit where the belt emerges from the pillar is a little ledge. Slide the buckle up and hook it over and the ridge will retain it. But not when the belt shoulder height adjuster is in the topmost position.

Solution provided by Jaap is the official solution. I took a fairly strong magnet and glued it to the inside of the black panel. Most of time it locks up by itself, sometimes it needs a little help. But once locked up, it works like a charm.

Is the picture above a PHEV, it appears to have some back seats ( a 7seater) I thought you cannot get them with 7seats?

BeeJay said:
Mine isn't knocking, though interestingly only this week I noticed for the first time that instead of the little plastic lump to stop the clip sliding down it, the passenger belt has a extra loop of belt stitched onto it to hold the clip in place when not in use which I have never noticed on any other car.

It appears to cushion it and stop it banging against the pillar when not in use.

Does yours have a little black plastic pip on it like the driver's and rear belts, or a loop sewn onto it?

+1

greendwarf said:
BeeJay said:

+1
And yours are how old? Maybe they 'upgraded'? Or the ran out of plastic knobs.

anko said:
greendwarf said:
BeeJay said:

+1
And yours are how old? Maybe they 'upgraded'? Or the ran out of plastic knobs.

Nov '14 for mine. They had enough plastic knobs for all the other belts ;-)

VWqVblr.jpg

4z0ezrZ.jpg

Back