leasing options

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offyoutoddle

hi, first post and a question that I was hoping someone who knows more about lease deals.

Based on a fantastic test drive today, I'm already convinced I want to get an outlander, but I'm wondering if I can get one more cost effectively via a lease, as outright ownership doesn't concern me as an issue.

I have a job that I'm PAYE on, but I also operate as a sole trader part time writing mobile applications. Does anyone know if its allowed to get a car this way in such circumstances, as my turnover is quite low as it's only in addition to my main employment. It would be on a proportional basis i.e. about 20% of mileage business, the rest personal. I'm just curious if this is practical or just better to buy it privately? I'm very new to all of this so any opinions from someone more experienced would be gratfefully received!

offyoutoddle said:
hi, first post and a question that I was hoping someone who knows more about lease deals.

Based on a fantastic test drive today, I'm already convinced I want to get an outlander, but I'm wondering if I can get one more cost effectively via a lease, as outright ownership doesn't concern me as an issue.

I have a job that I'm PAYE on, but I also operate as a sole trader part time writing mobile applications. Does anyone know if its allowed to get a car this way in such circumstances, as my turnover is quite low as it's only in addition to my main employment. It would be on a proportional basis i.e. about 20% of mileage business, the rest personal. I'm just curious if this is practical or just better to buy it privately? I'm very new to all of this so any opinions from someone more experienced would be gratfefully received!

You can lease it privately. Unless you are limited and you pay yourself a salary or vat registered it matters not in terms of tax.

I got a cracking deal from alpha contracts, but it seems thats no longer available (£290 a month six months up front, 20,000 miles a year).
Here is a link to their current deals
http://www.alphacontracts.co.uk/personal-lease-cars/mitsubishi/outlander-4x4/outlander-estate-20-phev-gx3h-5dr-auto-19340281

these guys offer personal leases??? I hadn't found places that did that before cost effectively to be honest, I thought it was limited to businesses or extortionate for the most part. Interesting..... thank you!

it doesn't sound as though your company income will be enough give benefit in getting it via business lease. The personal lease is very popular now. either straight fixed contract through a reseller such as NVC below, or as a personal contract purchase (PCP) through the dealer which also allows you to buy it at the end of contract if you want.
on nvc there is a clear "personal lease" radial button to click which shows you the inclusive cost for private lease.
As an example, a 3+47 on a GX4h in stock is £367 pcm http://www.nationwidevehiclecontracts.co.uk/Mitsubishi_Outlander-2-0-phev-gx4h-auto-58518.htm or a GX3 is £286.
HJB

Back