Liner/padding for front cup holders

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinimalMayhem

I find the front cup holders way too wide for my travel mug.

Has anyone seen liners or padding that would work for the cup holders to make the inner diameter smaller (by up to 1cm)?
I've seen some on amazon for range rovers but I don't have access to one of those so don't know if they'd be the same size as the outlander.

Failing that, I guess I could try and find another mug...

no, but i bought a set of rubber glow-in-the-dark liners for cubby holes and the drinks holder. It stops a smaller cup from moving about. I bought it on eBay, took 8 days to arrive, heres a non eBay link so you know what i mean http://www.dhgate.com/product/wholesale-new-non-slip-interior-door-pad/229394209.html

not quite answering the question but i thought worth mentioning. I have the black with glow in the dark white letters.
HJB

aitchjaybee said:
no, but i bought a set of rubber glow-in-the-dark liners for cubby holes and the drinks holder. It stops a smaller cup from moving about. I bought it on eBay, took 8 days to arrive, heres a non eBay link so you know what i mean http://www.dhgate.com/product/wholesale-new-non-slip-interior-door-pad/229394209.html

not quite answering the question but i thought worth mentioning. I have the black with glow in the dark white letters.
HJB
Thanks, I saw those - looks like they just sit in the 'well' of the holder - is that right? The problem I've got is my mug (well any travel mug in my house) is too narrow and rocks sideways when going over bumps/potholes. I think maybe I'll end up with one of those beer can cooler foam things...just thought it would be nice to have a more elegant solution!

Lashed out on the MacCafe mugs once. These seem to fit OK. The SS insulated type seem to be taller and narrower. How to get the square tetra pac flavoured milk to fit is next challenge. A 1 litre water bottle fits well in the door.

A bottle of gin also fits well in the door pocket with the tonic in the cup holders, but I am still trying to find a suitable place to mount the optic to make it easier for refills whilst driving.

I shall now always think of the GX3 as the version without a bar!

You will have to strap it to the passenger headrest and use that convenient little sliding tray in the arm console then.

Or of course you could pour a measure big enough to last the whole journey before you set off!!

:p

Judging by the number of comments in here criticising the MMCS, maybe you have found the best use for it.
I shall no longer think of the GX4 as the version with satnav, from now on it will be the version with the drop down bar.

We have a cupboard at home containing what the Aussies call stubbie holders. Neoprene things that slip over cold beer or cans and keep them cold.
They make everything fit my cup holders correctly and live in there now. And add a little antipodean flavour to my car!

simonrh said:
We have a cupboard at home containing what the Aussies call stubbie holders. Neoprene things that slip over cold beer or cans and keep them cold.
They make everything fit my cup holders correctly and live in there now. And add a little antipodean flavour to my car!

Thanks. Will try that. Long way to go, Australia for me though

Back