Looking to lease on salary sacrifice...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB21

Hi all,

New to the forum and wondered if anyone has leased one through a salary sacrifice scheme as my work is rolling the scheme out next month but we’ve no access to pricing per month yet.

I'm on the 20% tax bracket and would like to lease a GX4h, anyone know what I’m likely to pay per month over 24 months/15k miles pa?

Cheers

Phil

JB21 said:
Hi all,

New to the forum and wondered if anyone has leased one through a salary sacrifice scheme as my work is rolling the scheme out next month but we’ve no access to pricing per month yet.

I'm on the 20% tax bracket and would like to lease a GX4h, anyone know what I’m likely to pay per month over 24 months/15k miles pa?

Cheers

Phil

Just ran a quote on NHS FleetSolutions - Is this the scheme?

The standard scheme is 36 months.

Assuming a salary of £30k, around £324/month - based on standard tax code. This includes the BIK.

Glenn

It really does depend on how your payroll dept calculate the sacrifice.

What I can tell you, is that I am going from a £155 daylight robbery of take home being stolen from my monthly salary (from April) if I were to keep my current E-Class, to a £31 petty theft deduction with the Phev.
That is just the tax element, regardless of the sacrifice.

As far as lease payments go, my incoming GX4 with metallic is costing just over £300 per month, 12.5k, fully maintained. I arranged that deal in January, however.
It works out advantageous to me as I save on income tax and NI as that is worked out after the sacrifice has been deducted.

I can recommend an excellent broker, if you wish, who will help find the best ‘current’ deals.

Stvtech said:
What I can tell you, is that I am going from a £155 daylight robbery of take home being stolen from my monthly salary (from April) if I were to keep my current E-Class, to a £31 petty theft deduction with the Phev.
That is just the tax element, regardless of the sacrifice.

As far as lease payments go, my incoming GX4 with metallic is costing just over £300 per month, 12.5k, fully maintained. I arranged that deal in January, however.

forgive my ignorance of such matters, but does that mean on a 300 per month lease , by buying it pretax via a company salary sacrifice scheme, it works out only 31 pound a month less off your monthly salary? or is that 31 in addition to the 300 for the lease?

I know my company does have a number of schemes but the outlander isn't on their list of approved cars yet.

hungrymackem said:
JB21 said:
Hi all,

Cheers

Phil

Just ran a quote on NHS FleetSolutions - Is this the scheme?

The standard scheme is 36 months.

Assuming a salary of £30k, around £324/month - based on standard tax code. This includes the BIK.

Glenn

Cheers Glenn, thats what i thought I'd be paying TBH. Bring forth the Outlander. :D

Cheers for your help fellas, will hopefully be test driving one soon. It will be a far cry from my current 320hp Mazda 6 mps but i'm just gonna purchase a track project and weekend car for thrills.

My net quote for a GX3h @ £19k PA was £308 PM, based on my personal details. GX4h was around £350.

I'm going through NHS Fleet Solutions and my G3 is due around beginning of May. The quote was from before Christmas but it's £238 net per month. This is with no deposit, fully maintained and insured - basically I just fuel and charge it. This is based on 40% tax and the current 5% BIK for this year.

Hope that helps.

One of you guys with access to the nhs fleet solution quote system (just add fuel) couldn’t do me a quote on a Audi A3 e-tron could you pleeeease? Just for comparison to the Outlander really.

Audi A3 e-tron (no extras)
salary £30k
15k miles pa

Thank-you in advance :p

Phil

offyoutoddle said:
forgive my ignorance of such matters, but does that mean on a 300 per month lease , by buying it pretax via a company salary sacrifice scheme, it works out only 31 pound a month less off your monthly salary? or is that 31 in addition to the 300 for the lease?
Heavens no! (I wish!!). The £31 is what I will pay extra in tax, regardless of the salary reduction, instead of paying £156. The benefit in kind is worked out on the car's list price, using the CO2 emissions figure to set the multiplier. Even if my lease cost was only £10 / month, I would still have to pay the figures below because they are based on the vehicle list price.

For example, my current E-Class has a CO2 figure of 141g/km, which for the 2015/16 tax year will be 26% tax rate.
Rounding the list price to 36k, the benefit according to taxman is 26% of 36,000 which is £9,360.00.
At basic rate 20% income tax, that is 9360 x 20% = £1872.00 per year that I would have to pay (extra, on top of normal income tax). Break that down to a monthly figure by dividing by 12, I would get stung to the tune of £156.00 each month.

The Phev will be taxed at 5% for the same tax year, so that is 5% of £37,899 (GX4h with metallic), giving a benefit of £1,895.00
At 20%, that equates to 1895 x 20% = £379.00 / year. Divide by 12 to get £31.58 per month taken off me, instead of £156 - an extra £124 in my bank account each month.

As my employer frequently says - No Brainer ! :)

JB21 said:
One of you guys with access to the nhs fleet solution quote system (just add fuel) couldn’t do me a quote on a Audi A3 e-tron could you pleeeease? Just for comparison to the Outlander really.

salary £30k
15k miles pa

Phil

A3 sportback, solid black with cloth seats £314.

i didnt use your salary, but for me the phev 4h is £304 with 18k miles

sawman said:
JB21 said:

salary £30k
15k miles pa

Phil

Cheers mate. Very similar then. No boot space at all in the Audi though.

JB21 said:
sawman said:
JB21 said:

salary £30k
15k miles pa

Phil

no worries, although the golf GTE in solid black, cloth seats and no extras comes in at £263..... :eek:

JB21 said:
sawman said:
JB21 said:

salary £30k
15k miles pa

Phil

That was my deciding factor in the Outlander "V" Audi A3 debate.

Cant wait for my Outlander to appear on Wednesday :D :D :D :D

@sawman

Really.....much prefer the Golf to the Audi as well. It's just seems silly to downgrade from a saloon(Mazda 6) to a (reduced boot space) hatch. Got my heart set on a outlander now, just need to blag an extended test drive.

JB21 said:
@sawman

Really.....much prefer the Golf to the Audi as well. It's just seems silly to downgrade from a saloon(Mazda 6) to a (reduced boot space) hatch. Got my heart set on a outlander now, just need to blag an extended test drive.

I was surprised too but thats what the app says- if you get busy with the options you can get it up to outlander price. there doesnt seem to be much info out there about how efficient the vw hybrid system is

sawman said:
JB21 said:
@sawman

I was surprised too but thats what the app says- if you get busy with the options you can get it up to outlander price. there doesnt seem to be much info out there about how efficient the vw hybrid system is

Its exactly the same set up as the Audi. Will be more efficient overall than the Outlander due to weight and a 1.4T engine. Not sure better economy is enough as i need more space, maybe if they did an estate....

if the fully charged video review is anything to go by the golf is a bit more frisky than the outlander - boot space isnt too much of a concern for me, although the AWD is attractive.
Maybe more research is needed before clicking "submit" on the outlander order

Personally I think the Golf looks and feels (and is likely to drive) better in almost every respect, but the spec isn't as good (an extra £1700 for sat nav for instance), and the boot is pretty tiny. I'm going to drive the Golf before I press the button on the Outlander, but I expect middle aged family practicality will prevail and I'll end up with the Mitsubishi.

I looked at several cars before deciding
Initially the ampera was the winner but fleet solutions no longer supply it so the outlander was next.
But I also looked at the etron and the gte. The etron was too expensive when I could get the gte for cheaper with more kit and better reviews.
But I spoke to vw for a test drive who said gte not released until July in uk and fleet solutions said would take 7 months after that to get one.
So back to outlander, ordered my gx4 on the 5th of March been told anything between 6-15 weeks for delivery. Cost me £310 per month on a part time salary.

Back