Lost Wifi signal

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billa

Hi all,

I seam to have lost my cars wifi signal....anyone else had this problem???
Have used several tablets, a couple of phones and a laptop but cant find the signal.

Does it need re-booting?....if so how???

Any help will be appreciated.......

Yes I've had a bit of a problem recently. WiFi signal only seemed to come on when I switched the car on (or to ACC) - no signal when it was switched off, as far as I could tell. The app has also been 'freezing' a lot recently - since I upgraded to iOS 9 although this may not be linked.

Am on the case billa, will post these about

Lost WiFi signal

Name - Mitsubishi
Breed - Outlander
Sex - PHEV
Age - 1 year
Colour - maybe Black
Last seen - In my car on the 29th September

Contact - billa @ myoutlanderphev.com

jdsx said:
Yes I've had a bit of a problem recently. WiFi signal only seemed to come on when I switched the car on (or to ACC) - no signal when it was switched off, as far as I could tell. The app has also been 'freezing' a lot recently - since I upgraded to iOS 9 although this may not be linked.

Hi jdsx,

I work for Mitsubishi UK, MMC Japan have notified us of an issue with the latest iOS9 release and compatibility with the PHEV App, they are currently working on a fix, I will post an update when I have any further information.

Kind regards

CCCUK said:
jdsx said:

Hi jdsx,

I work for Mitsubishi UK, MMC Japan have notified us of an issue with the latest iOS9 release and compatibility with the PHEV App, they are currently working on a fix, I will post an update when I have any further information.

Kind regards

CCCUK.. are there any other known issues you can share with us :D

I also lost my PHEV's WiFi :(
The car was in the 1st year check-up last week. No changes were made but the car is not broadcasting any SSID.
I know there's no fuse for it, ou MMCS menu setup, so we cant reboot anything.
Anyone had similar issue?

My PHEV is now 18 months old, with now 39000km and 2 major services with firmware updates on MMCS and maps, and probably other systems.

here is a pic of my PHEV WiFi from in the car.

Wi_Fi_signals.gif

Note that the WiFi OBD2 adapter is strongest signal, and then the PHEV, and then my home router and repeater.

Something may be amiss with your PHEV, and nothing to do with a service.

Yeah, but I don't have any signal at all, so something was disconnected or damaged :(

WiFi signal is only broadcasted when there are actual phones linked / registered.

May want to try the reset procedure. You will find it here on the forum. Something with 5 x open / close on the FOB, then turn on hazard lights and the 10 x open / close on the FOB.

anko said:
WiFi signal is only broadcasted when there are actual phones linked / registered.
May want to try the reset procedure. You will find it here on the forum. Something with 5 x open / close on the FOB, then turn on hazard lights and the 10 x open / close on the FOB.
Followed that procedure a few times already, but I get no beeps on the delete registration process :(
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/jizen.html
Hazard button on, ACC orange, 10 times pressing alternate on the FOB... nothing. Seems I'm talking to a wall.

t3lmo said:
anko said:
Followed that procedure a few times already, but I get no beeps on the delete registration process :(
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/jizen.html
Hazard button on, ACC orange, 10 times pressing alternate on the FOB... nothing. Seems I'm talking to a wall.

Did you have door closed and press the fob quickly enough?

You also need to cancel the VIN in the app on your device.

t3lmo said:
anko said:
That is not the correct procedure. 10 times alternating on / off (5 times each) is just for the registration process. But the reset process is:
10 times alternating, the hazard lights, then 20 times alternating. Then the system s hould bereset. And you need to start over for the actual registration process.

t3lmo said:
anko said:
That is not the correct procedure. 10 times alternating on / off (5 times each) is just for the registration process. But the reset process should be:

1 Car on ACC
2 Lock-unlock-lock-unlock-lock-unlock-lock-unlock-lock-unlock
3 Turn on hazard light
4 Lock-unlock-lock-unlock-lock-unlock-lock-unlock-lock-unlock-lock-unlock-lock-unlock-lock-unlock-lock-unlock-lock-unlock

A beep should tell you the reset has taken place.

5 Turn off hazard light
6 Turn off Car
7 Repeat steps 1 and 2 for registration of phone

I am pretty sure the page you are referring to is wrong :oops:

Got my signal back.......

Ended up disconnecting the battery in the boot, reconnected after about 10mins, waited a bit and signal is back.

Will re-register my phone to see if all works.... :)

FWIW I had no problem with wifi after upgrading to iOS9, other than my selective wifi profile needs to be setup again to prevent automatic connection to the car wifi.

Would be nice if MMC could fix the issue where having wifi + bluetooth connections makes bluetooth (audio and comms) come and go!

kentphev said:
FWIW I had no problem with wifi after upgrading to iOS9, other than my selective wifi profile needs to be setup again to prevent automatic connection to the car wifi.

Would be nice if MMC could fix the issue where having wifi + bluetooth connections makes bluetooth (audio and comms) come and go!

I have iOS 9.0.2 and the app keeps freezing - it can do one job, then hangs. Closing the app and then opening it again clears the issue until the next time. Hopefully, they will get a fix done. My phone connects and disconnects (iPhone 6+) for no apparent reason as well.

Jeff

Back