Minor niggles I cant sort!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPJH

1. How does Traffic management work on Maps. Nothing shows for me, and when I press TMC, I simply go to menu for finding a radio station issuing traffic reports but nothing shows.

2. Does car have auto lock function if youve walked away from the car and forgotten to lock. App is a waste of time here as it only works when within virtua site of the vehicle!

3. Why does engine fire up if airflow system turned on, does not have to have Aircon turned on, simply the airflow. If always off, the car tends to mist up as there is no air flow in the car. But makes the battery last longer!!

4. Is it safe to leave vehicle only with parking brake applied, and not the handbrake?

5. Lots of issues with Iphone6 connection - but will see other Posts for this issue!!

Thanks!!

SPJH said:
1. How does Traffic management work on Maps. Nothing shows for me, and when I press TMC, I simply go to menu for finding a radio station issuing traffic reports but nothing shows.
It depends where you are - in the UK mine took a long time to search for a suitable station eventually settling on Heart I think...
for me only seems to highlight traffic problems if I have set a destination and its worked out a route...
Otherwise TP reports is the only traffic info

2. Does car have auto lock function if youve walked away from the car and forgotten to lock. App is a waste of time here as it only works when within virtua site of the vehicle!
Only if you have Unlocked it with the KeyRemoteButton and walked away - if you have set the correct Re-lock option in the MMCS it will relic after a delay...If you are driving and stop, turn off the ignition, get out and walk away it does not auto lock.

3. Why does engine fire up if airflow system turned on, does not have to have Aircon turned on, simply the airflow. If always off, the car tends to mist up as there is no air flow in the car. But makes the battery last longer!!
I warmer weather it won't but when the air temp is below 10C it is programmed to warm the Heat exchanger in order to efficiently demist the car.

4. Is it safe to leave vehicle only with parking brake applied, and not the handbrake?
"P" engages a pin into the transmission in the same way all Automatic car gearboxes do - although on the PHEV it is a magnetic Solenoid actuator - If you are on a slope and only use the PARK selector ( or just turn off the Ignition the car will roll slightly and put a lot of load on the locking pin - when you re-start there will be a loud clonk as the pin is extracted and if you are not thinking the car will roll downslope.... why would you not put the Handbrake on first when you stop... the locking pin is really a backup is the handbrake mechanism were to fail...

5. Lots of issues with Iphone6 connection - but will see other Posts for this issue!!
I have an iPhone5s and its works perfectly - has never dropped out or failed in a call etc...!!!

Thanks!!

Thanks for reply - this is my first "Automatic" and your explanation has helped my understanding - so I will now use Handbrake! Again, most likely due to my ignorance of automatic transmission, I started using hadbrake to hold car in traffic, rather than just footbrake and then noticed that the motor is still driving the car forward, you have to press footbrake quite firmly to disengage the drive function

With regards Iphone connection - it looks like issues are on th new iphones and not previous 4 or 5 models
Latest idea is to turn off WIFI, so that is my next try!

Traffic reporting is a bit of a pain - it only lists traffic incidents that are visible on the displayed map! Try zooming out till you can see half the country and hitting the TMC button - you should see traffic icons...

SPJH said:
... I started using hadbrake to hold car in traffic, rather than just footbrake and then noticed that the motor is still driving the car forward, you have to press footbrake quite firmly to disengage the drive function...
You can also select neutral by moving the gear selecter lever to the right for a few seconds. To reselect D just pull the lever right and then back, as normal, but there is no need to have your foot on the footbrake, just release the handbrake and pull away.

Back