Nervous Excitement

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X20HOP

GX4hs on order and due for delivery towards the end of June, as a replacement company car.

Must say I have never been so nervous and excited about getting my new car. After about 12 years of BMW's (3 series, 5 series and X5) and the last 3 in a Kia Sorento, poor mans X5, I have taken the hybrid tax saving plunge.

Excited about the gadgets, technical wizardry to play with and performance beating targets yet nervous about some of the horror stories I read on this forum, including towing and charging. Adapting driving style is not a worry but the reliability issues are.

Big decision based on a 15 minute test drive, oh well too late now.

X20HOP said:
GX4hs on order and due for delivery towards the end of June, as a replacement company car.

Must say I have never been so nervous and excited about getting my new car. After about 12 years of BMW's (3 series, 5 series and X5) and the last 3 in a Kia Sorento, poor mans X5, I have taken the hybrid tax saving plunge.

Excited about the gadgets, technical wizardry to play with and performance beating targets yet nervous about some of the horror stories I read on this forum, including towing and charging. Adapting driving style is not a worry but the reliability issues are.

Big decision based on a 15 minute test drive, oh well too late now.
Don't worry about Internet Forum horror stories, there is not one forum without them. Just remember that there have been tens of thousands of these cars built, and the few complaints gravitate towards forum and blogs.

i am a member of a couple of motorbike forums - about 30% of the posts are 'complaints' about this and that, the rest for advice and help - thats what forums do. you generally dont see too many posts that say ' everything is great, no problems at all, best thing i ever did etc'

i fully expect that when I get delivery of my PHEV that i will be on here with queries etc, and maybe even a grumble.

Just drive it and enjoy it. Dont worry about other peoples comments. I was in the same position 6 weeks ago, having come out of company Audi's I too was nervous about the decision. Yes the vehicle has it's quirks and may not be as well built as some Greman makers but on the whole I am pleased with my decision, even more so when I got my first pay slip with a new tax code. The car is a means from A to B, the extra money in you pocket helps you enjoy the journey!!!

Excitement builds as four days until I collect my new car. I have decided to pick it up from the dealer (Doncaster Mitsubishi) rather than have it delivered and let someone else put 100+ miles on the clock.

Two weeks to get used to things before a caravan tow to Cornwall.

Ruby Black - GX4hs
Cambridge
Better my pocket than hmrc
Electric newbie

X20HOP said:
Excitement builds as four days until I collect my new car. I have decided to pick it up from the dealer (Doncaster Mitsubishi) rather than have it delivered and let someone else put 100+ miles on the clock.

Ruby Black - GX4hs
Cambridge
Electric newbie
Just about to order the same. Also Cambridge based. Just wondered why you used a dealer in Doncaster as opposed to the local dealers in Duxford? Got a good deal no doubt? Did you use Carwow to pick up a quote from the Doncaster dealer?

Goodshot said:
X20HOP said:

Ruby Black - GX4hs
Cambridge
Electric newbie
Just about to order the same. Also Cambridge based. Just wondered why you used a dealer in Doncaster as opposed to the local dealers in Duxford? Got a good deal no doubt? Did you use Carwow to pick up a quote from the Doncaster dealer?

They said it was a company car so its probably the lease companies nominated dealer, they usually have one or two per brand, ones with a big fleet department they put a lot of business through, the lease company will be getting the kind of discount on the car you or I can only dream of! (=more profit for them)

Hi there

Welcome to the Cambridge PHEV club :). I also have a Glacier Blue but a 14 year model. I'll give you a wave if I see a gleaming new machine

jthspace said:
X20HOP said:
Ruby Black - GX4hs
Cambridge

Hope to see you about - Whittlesford.

Jeff
I have an Evoque at the moment and tested a Disco Sport and F-Pace today. Evoque still top. Test the PHEV through Wittlesford tomorrow! It will have to be a real dog of a drive not to make economic sense as a company purchase (or the wife might not like the colours :) .

Picked up the car last Thursday but unfortunately I can't give you my early thoughts as my wife has commandeered it.

She loves nearly everything about it and has become some crazy electric challenged being who can't stop commenting on how smooth, comfortable and quiet it is.

Looks like my first chance to drive it post pick-up will be a tow down to Cornwall, which may be a step to far for the good lady.

PodPoint fitted at the house yesterday, which was a very good service.

Back