New 2016 Accessories Launch

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevieB

The Official UK Mitsubishi site has now been updated featuring new tackle for the 2016 model.

Extra bits are led upgrades, chrome pack and front/ side / rear sport mouldings etc.

Number plate leds and gearshift led look interesting. Wonder what they comprise of? The number plate light must be more than just bulbs for £50???

Link > http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/outlander/accessories/categories.aspx?group=55

Macjayce said:
I have to agree. Them number plate LED's look a tad pricey.

You'd want new special lenses too for that price..... I'd guess/hope they were Osram or Philips branded for that too.

Gearshift change led is interesting - or is that just an led mounted in the roof or central console shining onto it???

StevieB said:
Macjayce said:
I have to agree. Them number plate LED's look a tad pricey.

You'd want new special lenses too for that price..... I'd guess/hope they were Osram or Philips branded for that too.

Gearshift change led is interesting - or is that just an led mounted in the roof or central console shining onto it???

Bear in mind you generally don't touch the gearshift while driving unless you need to go into reverse.

So, the Side Steps are not currently available at the moment so I cannot have them.

Therefore I have opted for the LED numberplate lights and the LED gearshift illumination (of which the dealer doesn't know yet how it works). I suspect some kind of central console mood light like most cars have these days.

I know both are not worth the money, but I had set aside a few quid to accessorise, so at least i've still got some left over. Might do the side steps next year when available - mainly to help load roof box and cut down on the mud/debris thrown up from the front wheels onto the side.

Will post some images when done so other know. Will be interesting to see what bulbs they do for the numberplate lights.

StevieB said:
So, the Side Steps are not currently available at the moment so I cannot have them.

Why not, they were for the Gx5 and the body is surely still the same :?: I discussed fitting a pair on my Gx3 with the dealer 2 weeks ago.

greendwarf said:
StevieB said:

Why not, they were for the Gx5 and the body is surely still the same :?: I discussed fitting a pair on my Gx3 with the dealer 2 weeks ago.

Think it's just a timing thing. I can't see there being any difference between the previous one. I think it's simply because they are not yet listed with MMUK.

They be released after Xmas as the same I guess or maybe a tweaked version.

They could order and try now, but cannot guarantee. Thing is, if a tweaked version arrives in Jan, I'd then be annoyed!!

Protection pack is a different part number too - think it's due to a slight design change with the mud flaps.

StevieB said:
greendwarf said:
StevieB said:

Think it's just a timing thing. I can't see there being any difference between the previous one. I think it's simply because they are not yet listed with MMUK.

They could order and try now, but cannot guarantee. Thing is, if a tweaked version arrives in Jan, I'd then be annoyed!!

Ah, I realise now you were referring to an order for a new car complete with "factory fitted" options - although most of these are actually fitted in UK on arrival :eek: - but you could always order them separately in advance to be fitted by the dealer on delivery.

Ah, I realise now you were referring to an order for a new car complete with "factory fitted" options - although most of these are actually fitted in UK on arrival :eek: - but you could always order them separately in advance to be fitted by the dealer on delivery.

They're all being fitted by the dealer anyway - quicker turnaround than doing it at the docks.

Just technically, the sidesteps are not yet listed for the 2016 model.

Claymore said:
No front parking sensors?

Rear parking sensors in Orient Red are quoted at £1810 fitted!

Think I'll need to modify my order :eek:o

Error now corrected.

I've got front parking sensors on order & due later in Nov to fit my 2016 3+

linton944 said:
Claymore said:

Error now corrected.

Yes, I've also got them ordered and dealer confirms they'll be fitted.

I was just pointing out that they were no longer listed.

JimB

Claymore said:
linton944 said:
Claymore said:

Error now corrected.

Yes, I've also got them ordered and dealer confirms they'll be fitted.

I was just pointing out that they were no longer listed.

JimB

Please let us all know when you switch them off permanently, most people tend to because they used to be too sensitive. Hopefully it has changers on your model.

Back