New VED changes for 2017

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phevmike

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/88361/tax-disc-changes-everything-you-need-to-know-about-uk-road-tax#

I apologise if this has been posted recently. This has hiterto snuck under the radar (for me anyway!). Have just ordered our 2nd PHEV (a 5hs) and from what I can work out, if this was 2017 the road tax due for a new PHEV would be £450 a year!!

I cannot believe the Government has brought this in, surely Mitsubishi are going to really suffer with this, as a great appeal for the PHEV is it's current qualification of zero vehicle excise duty. With the imminent end of the grant - most of the model line up will qualify for the higher tax bracket from next year. What's the point in buying a low-emission hybrid, if diesels and petrols are exactly the same to tax, and if the model sneaks over £40k you're going to be heavily penalised.

"He who pays the piper calls the tune"

But as pure EV users won't be paying anything, we will have priority over them at public charging points :twisted:

Back