Now Delivered! Company Car - Outlander GX4hs

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barnfather said:
SolarBoy said:
Good news: Thank you for the help with the cable, red, and long, non-curly it is.

Bad news: Lease company have said end of January for delivery at the earliest ... :evil:

'at the earliest' sounds a bit ominous!

My GX4 is not due til end February, I'm hoping the long wait means no annoying delays against that timescale!

My dealer in the Netherlands claimed that "all production capacity" in 2015 would end up at dealerships in the Netherlands (due to big fiscal changes at the end of this year). My car was ordered in October this year and is expected soon.

Pancake said:
My dealer in the Netherlands claimed that "all production capacity" in 2015 would end up at dealerships in the Netherlands (due to big fiscal changes at the end of this year). My car was ordered in October this year and is expected soon.

The dealer's claim was wrong. There are already a good number of MY16, 2015 built cars in UK (I'm sure someone will have the numbers). I got mine in October and several others on this forum have taken delivery already.
Of course - car dealers tell you what you want to hear. They rarely let facts get in the way. :mrgreen:

Hi I am new to the forum, but I can definately say the dealer was spinning you a fabrication, I placed an order in the UK for a G4XHs in Ruby Black at the end of October, and was told it was on the ship to arrive in the UK around the 11th of November. It then had to have the removable towbar fitted and the protection pack fitted in The Bristol recieving facility. It arrived at the dealers on the 24th November and I arrange to take delivery today 5th December. So there was a ship full of Outlanders that arrived in the UK, and most of them were allocated so I consider myself fortunate to be getting one with a short lead time.

Millphev64 said:
Hi I am new to the forum, but I can definately say the dealer was spinning you a fabrication, I placed an order in the UK for a G4XHs in Ruby Black at the end of October, and was told it was on the ship to arrive in the UK around the 11th of November. It then had to have the removable towbar fitted and the protection pack fitted in The Bristol recieving facility. It arrived at the dealers on the 24th November and I arrange to take delivery today 5th December. So there was a ship full of Outlanders that arrived in the UK, and most of them were allocated so I consider myself fortunate to be getting one with a short lead time.

Hi Millphev64

My order got mixed up as there was a fault with the lease company's ordering tool and the initially gave me a date of the start of Dec for black.

Black is lovely but I've got a black car already and want a change, I ordered White Pearl which appears to be in short supply.

Enjoy your car!

Orient red GX3h+ Ordered 2 weeks ago, expected early January with fixed Towbar fitted. Now to organise a charge point :)

My order keeps getting put back - now looking at mid Feb before it arrives. (Order was placed at the start of October!)

I wonder if those of us going through leasing firms are getting pushed back in favour of the general retail customers? (Which to be fair I have no issue with - a cash buyer/Joe Public should get first dibs)

Still bit miffed that it's going to be over 4 months from order to delivery!

BrettMRC said:
My order keeps getting put back - now looking at mid Feb before it arrives. (Order was placed at the start of October!)

I wonder if those of us going through leasing firms are getting pushed back in favour of the general retail customers? (Which to be fair I have no issue with - a cash buyer/Joe Public should get first dibs)

Still bit miffed that it's going to be over 4 months from order to delivery!

Hope mine lease car doesn't get delayed further, my Focus' instrument cluster is dying ... known fault that impacts pretty much every Focus at some point and £300 or so to fix. And as previously mentioned, the tax expires at the end of Feb.

I will be leasing for 3 years. Ordered 3 weeks ago and have been told that the vehicle is with the U.K. Dealer, to be delivered to me early January. Perhaps orient red is not so popular and I was lucky to get one a available so quickly. We'll see....

GrahamRC said:
I will be leasing for 3 years. Ordered 3 weeks ago and have been told that the vehicle is with the U.K. Dealer, to be delivered to me early January. Perhaps orient red is not so popular and I was lucky to get one a available so quickly. We'll see....

Good luck!

I almost went for Orient Red ... hope you enjoy the car :)

Now scheduled for end of February / March.

Would it be quicker to go to Japan Factory, and drive it back myself? :lol:

Means I'll have to re-Tax my current car :(

Had 'the' call from the lease company, being delivered next Thursday ... woohoo!

Coming on a car transporter so ought to have only only a few miles on the clock.

. . and now the fun starts!!!!! Spend a few days reading the manual, then forget it. You're more likely to get some sense on here than in there!

Regulo said:
. . and now the fun starts!!!!! Spend a few days reading the manual, then forget it. You're more likely to get some sense on here than in there!

LOL ... yes! I still can't find half the screens on the MMCS. I'll get there. Much embarrassment on the first day trying to find the light switch in the dark with a few passengers. Of course it's located on an unlit stalk. I may need a dentists mirror to find the other switches and buttons that are hidden by the steering wheel. :lol:

Had a family bereavement so that is taking priority over the Outlander so only done a few local miles on errands.

Car was delivered with a discharged drive battery, this isn't a criticism of the dealer as I asked for ASAP delivery, the benefit is that it gave me the opportunity to put the first charge in via my Solar Panels, it happened to be a lovely sunny day and so all the electrons in the drive battery came off my roof.

Love the colour/wheels/chrome ...

Photo!

2dgt5j9.jpg

My lease ends on Tuesday and the car will be returned.

Mixed feelings, the lease company's incompetence has meant that I turned up for services that hadn't been booked with the garage, or booked with garages that were unable to do the work. Had 6 messed up appointments. Plus when the car was hit when parked had to send the repair back to be re-done as the colour was not blended as was done on the cheap despite the 3rd party admitting liability. Because of the difficulties just cut down usage of the car as can't face another damage repair saga.

Apart from that, my wife and I still have a love/hate relationship with the car.

Love the stability, the ease to drive, after a 6 hour drive still feel fresh as a daisy. Dropping the seats down then was able to move loads of furniture to storage.

Don't like the short range on electric, don't like that we had to hire a taxi to go to the airport as not enough room in the boot to fit all our suitcases, don't like the poor cabin quality, awful MMCS, controls and buttons that can't be seen without peering around the steering wheel, lack of interior space given the size of the car. Got an offer from the lease company to purchase for £20,000, which is not for us.

Test drove the new Leaf, was a bit too small for my family of five, and didn't drive as nice as the Outlander.

Borrowing a Honda Jazz for the next few months, has a CVT gearbox and flappy paddles, and on a plus it can play the music off my USB drive in the correct order, something the Outlander could never do :D

Hope to go full electric in a few years, just need something at a price point that can fit us all.

Back