On the verge of buying but ....

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mslater

Hi guys,

I like the car !

I'm almost ready to buy and have some really attractive lease quotes just waiting for me to give the go ahead but ...

I've visited 3 local dealers and it's the same at all three. They all have 1 new car in the show room but around 10 - 15 second hand cars on the forecourt. Most of them less than six months old.

That makes me worry, why would you sell it after a few months and lose £10k ?

It makes me wonder if there is something I don't know about.

I'm on the same search and I agree there are a lot of cars with 1000-1500 miles on the clock for sale.

A lot of these are ex-Mitsubishi management cars. I bought mine with 300 miles on the clock with a great discount of £10k. If you are not worried about getting the latest model (basically cosmetic changes only) then these are a great way of saving thousands. For a lease company, they may not like cars that are second-user, but for a private buyer, then no problem.

When I discussed with the dealer, I mentioned that a car looses the VAT as it drives off the forecourt, and half the discount he was offering was the UKG subsidy - so he gave me three years servicing as well as mats / bootliner. Ok, not a great cost to him, but made the customer happier.

Jeff

I think Mitsubishi flooded the UK market with vehicles they gave to management for a short period just to get the cars in the country. Agree this is a great way to get a virtually new car for a lot less than list price. Bought mine last December with 1100 miles having been registered 6 months earlier.

Yup I'ev been told they are management cars. I bought mine in May with the 0% deal with 1500 on the clock. Apparently used to the the Training managers car - and the dealer told me they all live in Cirencester hence the low miles! If I had the car there is no way I could own it for a year and only do 125 miles a month - I'm struggling to keep my mileage down to the agreed limit. Looks like I'll be getting one next time, or my penalty will be huge :-D

Mine was an ex-Colt Cars (ie Mitsubishi UK) management car. It was less than 6 months old and was changed when the new model came in so as to have lots of the new model running around.

Oh and I think it's a great car! Both my wife and I enjoy driving it, far better than our previous BMW!

Back