Parking up at airport - how to drive there?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iank

Sorry - this was posted originally in Technical Discussions - by mistake!

Only had my car for a week now, and going on holiday soon, so a newbie question here. Got a 35 mile motorway drive to the airport parking facility (self park). Is it best to leave home with a full charge and drive in Save mode immediately? Will the battery hold it's charge for two weeks? And if it does go flat, how do you start the car?

I don't think you would have a problem with it going completely flat from the minimum state of charge in two weeks - and if you did, then you probably have a dodgy battery and would be better finding out now and sending the car back to get it replaced!

That said - if you have a 35 mile drive to the airport, then you presumably have a similar drive back so, if you are not able to leave it plugged up while you are away, why not do the outward trip on Save and park up with an almost full battery? However you look at it, you are going to do the trip in one direction on petrol, so don't take any chances!

Personally, I have left my car for 4 days, 7 days and more than 9 days at airports with no problems with starting. However I have come back to the car to find the drive battery completely flat due to me forgetting to disable the timer on heating, Doh! when I do remember to disable timers, the drive battery is at the same level as I have left it. I use valet parking quite often so depending where they take it after dropping off (some places are 4+ miles from airports) and so this will take a little juice from the cells.

Back