Phev worst most dangerous car I've ever owned ?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
outofyorkshire said:
To be honest the issue with spares for far eastern built card has been around for years.
However I am surprised that the industry seems to have done very little to fix it.

We had a similar problem when someone hit my wifes Honda CRV way back in the early days of the CRV.
'wear and tear' items were readily available but a couple of body panels were a different issue and we had to wait for them to be shipped.

I know some manufacturers have 'regional hubs' and it seems pretty simple to me that a parts hub in Europe would be a sensible approach.
However, I guess it ultimately comes down to cost as I know Mitsubishi UK is actually The Colt Car Company Limited and is a privately owned business.
Add to that that there there is only 10,000 ish in total in the UK (many of which were in the last 12 months) and it will only just start to become viable to hold many of the parts locally.
No sensible company can afford to put customer service ahead of profitability :shock:
There are at least 15.000 in the Netherlands, add that to other EU countries and it adds up to more than an estimated 30.000 and counting. For Mitsubishi that is a considerable number.

jaapv said:
outofyorkshire said:
To be honest the issue with spares for far eastern built card has been around for years.
However I am surprised that the industry seems to have done very little to fix it.

We had a similar problem when someone hit my wifes Honda CRV way back in the early days of the CRV.
'wear and tear' items were readily available but a couple of body panels were a different issue and we had to wait for them to be shipped.

I know some manufacturers have 'regional hubs' and it seems pretty simple to me that a parts hub in Europe would be a sensible approach.
However, I guess it ultimately comes down to cost as I know Mitsubishi UK is actually The Colt Car Company Limited and is a privately owned business.
Add to that that there there is only 10,000 ish in total in the UK (many of which were in the last 12 months) and it will only just start to become viable to hold many of the parts locally.
No sensible company can afford to put customer service ahead of profitability :shock:
There are at least 15.000 in the Netherlands, add that to other EU countries and it adds up to more than an estimated 30.000 and counting. For Mitsubishi that is a considerable number.

I agree that there is a considerable number in total , but if each country is headed by a different company, then I am just not sure how much agreement there is for them to work together. In this case Mitsubishi Motor Sales Nederland would need to work with The Colt Car company in some sort of joint venture?
It seems to be that each country is on their own in terms of the overall MMC business model

I had a quite memorable experience in my Honda Civic Hybrid.
The Aux battery failed and the car wouldn't start, I got a jump start from the AA and had to limp home with the car electrics randomly cutting out every 30 seconds or so.
This resulted in the power steering constantly going from really light to incredibly heavy and back again with no warning.. Oh what fun that was trying to go round corners and not end up in a hedge. :shock:

Another case of unjustified nation-based thinking. There is no reason why there should not be a central EU based Mitsubishi presence providing fast support for local organizations.
outofyorkshire said:
jaapv said:
outofyorkshire said:

I agree that there is a considerable number in total , but if each country is headed by a different company, then I am just not sure how much agreement there is for them to work together. In this case Mitsubishi Motor Sales Nederland would need to work with The Colt Car company in some sort of joint venture?
It seems to be that each country is on their own in terms of the overall MMC business model

Just thought I'd let you know that if this happen out of warranty the generator alone is £3000,00 part.
Nice
Mitisibushi have finally offered to give me a courtesy car. I asked for an Evo sadly that doesn't come in under the £30 a day budget :D

Back