Phone book transfer

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PolishPilot

I tried to transfer my phone book from mobile to the car memory to no avail, and got the message:
"import not possible".

My phone is well connected to the bloototh, showing as phone and music source.
I can receive and make calls, but have to use my phone book and select from the phone.

Anybody any suggestion?
Transfer through USB or SD card?

I really do not wish to type all the 300+ numbers by hand. :)

My phone is Samsing GT-I9070, Android 4.1.2.

In my experience that part of the software is ummm... buggy (to use more than four letters ;)).
If you use voice control you can access the telephone book of your phone and use that one with the command "import"

jaapv said:
In my experience that part of the software is ummm... buggy (to use more than four letters ;)).
If you use voice control you can access the telephone book of your phone and use that one with the command "import"

I tried the "Import" function entered by hand in the "Phone" menu.
Got an error message.
Will try voice.

One weird effect - the car service switched the language to Dutch and she lost the phonebook. Instead of importing I switched back to English and there it was again :?: :?:

I thought that same with my iPhone 5 as the content of my contact list did not appear on the mmcs "mobile phone book" tab - however I tried the voice command system and got a surprise.
Press on hook button
Wait for the annoyingly long voice prompt to finish
Say call
Say first name of contact
Mmcs came back with the full name of that person - say yes (or No)
This contact has 2 phone numbers so mmcs said which number Home or Mobile - say Home.
Hear phone dial. Etc....

This must have been looked up from the iPhones contact list as I have not put any contacts in the mmcs internal address book....
In effect much better than importing once as its always uptodate....
Now if there is a way to prevent that long voice prompt at the start.......

dgmulti said:
Press on hook button
Wait for the annoyingly long voice prompt to finish
Say dial
Say first name of contact
Mmcs came back with the full name of that person - say yes (or No)
This contact has 2 phone numbers so mmcs said which number Home or Mobile - say Home.
Hear phone dial. Etc...

I think it is "call" (name)
"Dial" will expect you to dictate a number.

I have a blackberry z30 (work) and I was surprised that it uploaded the phonebook to the car without issue - I had already paired it via bluetooth and it worked first time - I now have all my phone contacts in the car's phonebook. One of the few good things about being on BB10 thesedays I guess...

Back