Possible to "upgrade" for preheat functionality

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phevnor

Hello.
Yes, I know, my novise fault, I managed to by an "import" PHEV from Netherland to Norway that do not have the WIFI and preheat function! :shock:
But, with the car, there is the card with the wifi and wifi network name on it.
Also, I have looked inder left rear panel for the WIFI module&antenna, and it is installed.

The car is more or less a computer on wheel, so, isn't so that with the right software installed, the preheat functionallity would be available?
Anyone that know?

Why do you think there is no preheat function? Because you do not see the REMOTE SSID?

The REMOTE network will only appear when you try to pair a phone with the PHEV app. I cannot imagine versions exist that do have the hardware for preheat but not the software.

There is no menu to program in the car, and there is no remote network showing up on the phone to connect with.
When I am at the local dealer, I got a lot of "remotexxxx" network popping up in my phone from cars standing there.
But no network from my car when I am in it far from other networks. Total "silence".

Sit in your car and turn it on. Then hit open and then close button on the key 5 times (or they other way around, I am not sure). This should enable the remote network (if present) allowing you to pair a phone.

If I missed a step, somebody will step in, I am sure.

I've tried several times!
Door open, and shut and pressing the remote key x-timer on/off to connect. Followed the instruction I've found on the web.
And shouldn't the preheat be in the meny any way? Now there is no meny "line" to choose that is for preheat function.

But see other have had simular as a fault on their car. Now mine is more then three years snd out of warranty, so nothing MMC will fix for free if it should have been in place in the first place.
http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3299

Back