Post your Outlander PHEV Dashcam incidents

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarBoy

Quite a few of us have Dashcams in our PHEVs, so why not have a dedicated thread for incidents/crashes or driving 'happenings' of interest?

Here's my first contribution, rather tame though a year ago on exactly the same road (it's only 1.5 miles long) my other car was written off by an elderly driver doing the same thing :eek:

The Yaris was being driven by an elderly driver oblivious of her road position.

Instructions:
o Ensure your YouTube video is 'Public'
o Add a reply and add the YouTube URL to the new reply

I know you said it was tame but a driver cutting the slight curve so that the wheels are on the centre line is likely to induce narcolepsy. ;)

Much more interesting was the linked videos offered by You-tube of the pole dancers from Ukraine's Got Talent - and they're not THAT good :lol:

On the M6 toll road, I move to outside lane to overtake slow middle laner, had checked my mirror and there was a Range Rover a long way back but plenty of space for my overtake when I checked. Except the RR was doing about 110mph+ and was soon closer aggressively flashing me to get out of his way. At no time were we close enough to be any danger.

After I pulled back in he swung infront and brake tested me, I decided to do the unexpected and moved right, overtook and pulled back into the inside returning to about 55mph.

I then have the RR alongside with the driver and his female passenger constantly gesticulating and mouthing abuse at me and then a friend of his in a Mercedes arrives and pulls infront of me so I am boxed in.. meanwhile I am trying to phone the Police for which the PHEV handsfree is totally useless!!!

The Merc pulls off, the RR continues for a while and I ignore them, they then pull away, catches up with the Merc and they drive alongside for a bit, no doubt gloating over how they taught me a lesson. I gave up trying to call the Police.

I could have reported it but this is UK 2015, our legal system is broken, these people obviously have lots of money and that wins in court these days, it would have ended up somehow being my fault. Sorry for such a bleak view but that is how I see it.

Confirms what I already knew, Range Rover drivers are often arrogant pricks, ones with (illegal) personalised plates are always pricks. The extending wheel nut lever I keep in the door pocket is a good idea.

Now this is what I call 'lane drift' I bet they were texting..

Near end, about 55 seconds, check out the lightening it caught..

These are what I call TPTPO's Too Posh To Pull Over - usually one of the 3 German brands, probably daydreaming or on their phone - more likely with an over inflated sense of entitlement that why should they keep turning the steering wheel for anyone else's benefit THEY can go round ME!

What I used to do with mid-lane cruisers was to draw almost level in the nearside lane and then scythe round them and back into the nearside lane with full main beam as I went. As this was usually on the A13, they were usually old small family saloons with a driver who had probably come to the UK and never passed a test anywhere. :eek:

Mind you I find the PHEV has induced a more relaxed view of the world, with me coasting in B0 and no interest in "boy racer" stunts anymore. :mrgreen:

BTW to echo the arrogance of BMW drivers etc. observation - On Friday in Farringdon NCP car park a diesel 3 series parked in the last EV car bay (nearest the exit - so too lazy to walk :lol: ) but so far over that it was very difficult get into the next bay to charge. :( I left the driver a rude post-it but unlikely to have any effect, perhaps I'll let his tyres down next time :twisted: :lol:

greendwarf said:
What I used to do with mid-lane cruisers was to draw almost level in the nearside lane and then scythe round them and back into the nearside lane with full main beam as I went. As this was usually on the A13, they were usually old small family saloons with a driver who had probably come to the UK and never passed a test anywhere. :eek:

Mind you I find the PHEV has induced a more relaxed view of the world, with me coasting in B0 and no interest in "boy racer" stunts anymore. :mrgreen:

BTW to echo the arrogance of BMW drivers etc. observation - On Friday in Farringdon NCP car park a diesel 3 series parked in the last EV car bay (nearest the exit - so too lazy to walk :lol: ) but so far over that it was very difficult get into the next bay to charge. :( I left the driver a rude post-it but unlikely to have any effect, perhaps I'll let his tyres down next time :twisted: :lol:

I have another car cam that is a bit too embarrassing to post of me arriving at a rapid charger just as a people carrier with about 50 people in pulls into the space, then features me yelling at them, so they just moved over a bit! I keep yelling at them how the hell am I going reach the charger until the lazy sods pull back out and clear off.

By the way they are welcome to the Ecotricity spaces now, no one is ever going to need them :twisted:

This is an international forum. In quite a few countries the use of a dashcam is forbidden, in other countries the publishing of dashcam material depicting recognizable persons or number plates is illegal. As we cannot differentiate the provenamce of the material, any dashcam foo9tage cannot be allowed and will be deleted to prevent legal repercussios for the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back