Premium Alpine sound system

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iank

Hi guys, this question has already been asked by ronnob in the technical forum, but might be a bit lost there.
I took delivery of my car last week, and love it so far. Previously, I had a Shogun 3.2di Diamond, and before that, an Outlander. This one is so much more advanced than both!
BUT - Does anyone with the premium Alpine sound system fitted to their car have access to the "Punch" settings, and the Acoustic settings as mentioned in the MMCS manual, page 204,205?
I know about the Punch setting, since I had it, and similar Acoustic settings in the Shogun, but they don't appear on my - or ronnob's - settings. I do have Alpine branded speakers, and a black box under the passenger seat, which I presume is either the sub-woofer or an amp, or both combined.
I've contacted Mitsubishi UK customer support, but no answer yet. Would be interested in feedback from others with the Alpine system installed.

Re the manual.

I questioned about LAP times screen in MMCS as shown in the manual. Have been told by the dealer that the manual has a disclaimer about subject to changes. This means the manual does not have to reflect what is supplied in the car. Maybe the same has been done with the sound system settings.

Never thought about that, but suppose it's fair comment. Will post back with the reply from Customer Service if and when I get it.

Here's the reply from Mitsubishi UK customer services, received today :

The box underneath the passenger seat is just the Subwoofer and the Alpine amp is behind the centre console.

I have checked and can confirm that the reference you have seen in the MMCS Manual relates to the factory standard, Rockford Fosgate system, which is not fitted to your vehicle. Please, therefore, disregard.

Kind regards,

Nadine

Makes sense - the unit fitted to my earlier Shogun was the Rockford Fosgate.

Back