Real Time Charts - Great Torque Pro plugin

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anko

Since a couple of days I havre been using this beautiful plugin for Torque Pro: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pjt.realtimecharts_v1 or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CO1qz7XPvQ&feature=youtu.be

Allows you to define and chart 8 different sensors in real time. Zoom in and out by pinching. Playback. The works. Together with my little proxy program that I wrote for the PHEV, it allows me to charge Battery SOC, Battery Current and many other PHEV specific param. At 2 EURO and a bit, a true jewel!

I am all for data collection, but I have been let down by my PHEV throwing up error messages onto the dash screen while driving. These are very disconcerting, as most suggest something is seriously wrong and I should stop driving. The faults do not go away with a power button cycle either. My PHEV is an early model and the firmware certainly has differences in ICE operation and battery %SOC levels to what others describe now.

I have had to shelve driving experimentation recording until the problems with the OBD port are resolved. The PHEV is not broken as such, as it sometimes takes several hours of recording before fault messages occur.

As much as I would jump in to test this new app, I am reluctant at the moment to plug an adapter into the OBD port while travelling on holiday.

This weekend a new version was released. The developer has incorporated four different improvement suggestions I made. A chart I created using the new version has been put on the FB page by him: https://www.facebook.com/Realtime-Charts-for-Torque-Pro-1669817409964470/?ref=ts&fref=ts

12832368_1705751479704396_2056123708626151743_n.jpg

We just need the developers at Torque to work with Anko to incorporate his tools into their app.

BTW in the chart above it seems like Anko found a hill to drive up and down. :cool:

zzcoopej said:
anko said:
A chart I created using the new version has been put on the FB page by him

Nice, well done!
Great to see the BMU power flow back & forward into regen so clearly.
It is a lot of fun, indeed. Although in this case, it is not regen. Just the normal hysteresis cycle @ 100 km/h and cruise control.

gwatpe said:
BTW in the chart above it seems like Anko found a hill to drive up and down. :cool:
Well, almost :mrgreen: It was just the motorway crossing a river. You can hardly call it an on- and off-ramp. That gives you an idea on how delicate the balance is.

Also it demonstrates what I have brought forward a couple of time. Th engine favours 75% load. When less is needed, it will charge the battery. In the next few days, I will try to come up with graphs showing:
- when more than 100% is needed, the battery will assist (I just missed that point here)
- when the max charge current and/or the power demand for driving is limited, the engine will work at a lesser load.

anko said:
Although in this case, it is not regen. Just the normal hysteresis cycle @ 100 km/h and cruise control.

Ah yes, I forget that for you "ICE addicts" there are 2 ways to get power into the batteries while on the move - Regen and ICE. I was wondering why you had such regular in/out power.

zzcoopej said:
anko said:
Although in this case, it is not regen. Just the normal hysteresis cycle @ 100 km/h and cruise control.

Ah yes, I forget that for you "ICE addicts" there are 2 ways to get power into the batteries while on the move - Regen and ICE. I was wondering why you had such regular in/out power.
:mrgreen:

anko said:

PHEV would have been in NORMAL mode given the low %SOC.

One day I will try and record some data with a depleted battery and compare. With generally higher temps in AUS, the cycle seems to be longer.

Back