Reduced BAT current with increasing %SOC

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwatpe

The rate of battery recharging is as we know affected by battery %SOC. I tested for a short period today in CHARGE mode and B0 to see the impact of the battery at higher charge levels. I started at 65% and recharged to 75%. The recharging current was not a smooth transition, but was a stepped arrangement. Current dropped from 30A at 65%SOC to 6A at 75%SOC.

As a consequence of this test, I found that the battery current to overcome E-drag in the motors was around 5A across a quite wide range of speeds around 60-80kph. This is in addition to a static PHEV power ON consumption of 1A.

red_Bat_Awith_SOC.png

Regen is still OK for short periods of use.

Will try and record my trip to the city tomorrow, with the big hill. Hopefully I can get some stunning data.

Managed some more testing with an empty battery today.

Saw the Battery down to 21%SOC real.

Maximum battery current was 80A from the generator, in NORMAL mode.

The dash gauge showed 1bar at 35%SOC on the way down, and 1bar at 26% on the way back up. Does not give much confidence in the calculation methods used to display on the dash.

Tried to get the Turtle to appear, but no luck. had the camera at the ready.

Will need some more testing to fill in some more of the charged capacity gaps up to say 50% battery on the dash. This is 65% battery SOC.

Keep in mind, the ECU provides two values for SOC%. To my knowledge, one is the real value, the other is what the driver is lead to believe by the dashboard. Normally, they are very close. At 21% they may differ a bit. Which did you use?

Will need to check, but at half the gauge, reading was 65%SOC, and with zero bars went down to 21%SOC. The NORMAL mode saw tooth behaviour of %SOC was between 28.5 and 30.5%, and this correlates with the published graph. Will be recharging today, so will see what the full battery gauge reads as %SOC. [hopefully close to 100% ;) ]

Back