Remote App and charging issues after software upgrade

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAUK

I have just had a service carried out (UK my 2016 4h) together with a software upgrade and fitting new spark plugs, the latter two I understand to be as a result of re-calls.

As part of the software upgrade I was provided with a new password for the Remote app. Unfortunately when trying to connect using the new password on my LG G3 it is rejected as "wrong password", I am assured by the dealer that the new password is system generated at the time of the upgrade and cannot be wrong, nevertheless my car says that it is wrong.

In the absence of the remote app, which is my normal means of charging, I decided to charge the car "manually" so used the button on the key to cancel any preset charge timers and just plug in the charger - no luck - the car did not start to charge. I don't know why I tried it but I pushed the "Acc" button (no footbrake) and the car started charging - switch off and the car stops charging - don't understand.

I have set up a charge schedule on the MMCS screen for overnight charging tonight and I will find out tomorrow if that has worked.

The dealer explained over the phone the steps that I should be taking when setting up with the new password, which were exactly what I had been doing without success.

Result, taking the car back in on Monday to see the technician!

Derek

Are you on Android or iOS? I'm on iOS and had to download and use the 'Outlander PHEV I' app after the upgrade. The 'Outlander PHEV' app no longer works. Not sure if Android is the same.... HTH

Edit: Sorry. Re-read the original post, and realised I'd answered a question that hadn't been asked!! I'm getting old, take no notice.

Quick update.

In the end I did not need to visit the dealer, as I thought that I would first try to "un-pair" my phone from the Wi-Fi by resetting the system using the procedure found at http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3342. After successfully doing this I was able to re-pair my phone and then re-connect it using the "Phev 1" remote app.

I have however discovered that the cancel charge button on both of my keys do not work (they used to prior to the software upgrade), therefore I assume it is not the keys but the system. Having didscuused this with the dealer they suggest that they will need the car back in the check it out. Not urgent, so I will leave until the new year. This failure to cancel the preset charge programmes was the reason behind the car not charging when plugged in, as there was a scheduled charge for that day that was still active.

Derek

Same problem, brand new 14/12/18, 4h. Added to a faulty charging cable I was questioning my sanity until I read your post!

Back