Remote App / IoS 9 Difficulty

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronnob

Good morning,

Have searched but not found this specific problem - IPhone 5 with IoS 9 connects to car but the remote App just freezes on a yellow thunderbolt "Charging" icon. This applies whatever the state of the car whether charging or not, fully charged battery or empty. All other functions via the phone work, it's just the remote app that seems kaput.

Mitsubishi dedicated web page for the app does mention that there are problems with IoS 9 and tells customers not to upgrade but I am not sure if this is a recent warning and is still under investigation or has been resolved and the page is out of date.

Any guidance would be appreciated, thanks

Ron

Hi,

I have iOS 9.0.2 and the app works most of the time; however, if you ask it to do two things, then it freezes. Close the app and reopen and it works again. Definitely a bit flakey at the moment.

Try one thing at a time and it seems to be O.K. Maybe the recent update to 9.0.2 helped a bit.

Thanks jthspace,

I am using the same IoS version but the PHEV app just freezes as described when I tap it - no exit option, no scrolling options but I know it is connected as the WiFi symbols at the top of the screen are blue.

I will delete the app and reinstall later.

Ron

Asked Mitsubishi customer services, response was that Mitsubishi Europe are looking for a fix for Ios 9 and will advise when it is sorted

Ron

I have the same problem on a iphone 5s, I can use the app once then it freezes. The only solution seems to be to restart the iphone and use it once before the same thing happens again.

Chris

2015 Gh4s

Instead of restarting the whole phone you only need to restart the app. Double click the home button and swipe upwards on the PHEV app.

Back