Remote app. New phone registration problem

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uptodat

I have upgrading from a Galaxy S3 to and S7 phone so de-registered the old phone in the app settings and went through the procedure to register the new one. I got the appropriate tone in acc mode, new phone picked up the car's SSID, and the password was correctly input within the time allowed. The app told me reg wasn't possible because another phone was connected, or I was out of range, out of time, or used the wrong codes. None of these was the case. Please direct me to a helpful thread or advise on trouble shooting.

Uptodat said:
I have upgrading from a Galaxy S3 to and S7 phone so de-registered the old phone in the app settings and went through the procedure to register the new one. I got the appropriate tone in acc mode, new phone picked up the car's SSID, and the password was correctly input within the time allowed. The app told me reg wasn't possible because another phone was connected, or I was out of range, out of time, or used the wrong codes. None of these was the case. Please direct me to a helpful thread or advise on trouble shooting.

If you haven't seen the film classic '2001 A Space Odyssey' do so now because you're in it. You're the sucker floating in space locked out of the craft saying 'open the pod bay doors' to which the computer replies 'I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that' (or similar).

You'll get no response whatsoever if you address the same issue to Mitsubishi UK who have a filtering system such that you don't get any response until you've asked the same question at least twice.

Then they'll say they'll look into it and randomly indicate that they might pretend to investigate why they ignored your earlier attempts at enlightenment, Dave.

My Motorola G 3 worked fine until it got the Android 6 update...now I get the same as you and it won't even import the phone's contact list any more.

I have a much older Android phone (without network card) in the bedroom that I use as a remote for preheating and the like which still works fine but is on a rather older version of Android and probably (thankfully) won't get an upgrade.

It is my belief that the Mitsubishi remote app for the PHEV is pretty cr*p and at least is in need of an upgrade to get it to work with the latest Android os.

Please send a message to Mitsu UK customer service and complain about this issue. Be prepared to send it at least twice.

Note: If preparing a message for Mitsu UK type it in Word or the like and and save it so it makes it easier to send the necessary repeat messages.

Maybe if enough people do they'll extract their digits and create software for the app that is something like robust.

JimB

Some things that may create this problem are;

Your old phone has been deregged but still connected to the PHEV's wifi access point?

The deregistration did not work at all, did you try accessing the vehicle connecting to wifi then opening the phev app to see if it was saying it was not registered?

Failing that, I suggest you perform a complete reset of the car not 100% sure as I am on mobile and away from my booklet but if I recall you hold down the start button on the car for 15s

If all that fails Pm me and I can provide some advice.on how to mimic your old phone and steal access without registering at all ;)

The old phone's wifi was switched off when I tried to register the new one. I have now tried to use the old phone and the app advises me to register, so de-reg has worked. Also after the lock unlock sequence, I received the 2 tones indicating only one phone is registered: my wife's old android. I have considered trying a reset with the hazards on sequence but don't want to end up being unable to re-reg my wife's phone as well as failing to reg the new one. I agree that it is probably the app that needs an upgrade to cope with latest android OS.I don't want to retain and rereg the old phone just to work the rc. I'm intrigued as to how new phone could mimic old phone to "steal access" but will leave that until we are desperate!
I will write to Mitsu, twice if needs be, seeking digit extraction. Thanks for responses.

Now having exactly the same problem. All worked fine (galaxy s6) until I had to reset my phone to factory setting following a problem. The app works fine on other phones and my tablet but wont reactivate on my phone. I have deleted the app and reinstalled several times but it keeps giving me the same can't register message. Been to the dealer who got straight on with his iPhone and insists it is a problem with my phone.
This seems to be correct as I have since registered and re-registered my tablet and my wife's phone (same version of Android).
Anyone out there who is a phone expert?

Back