Reviews ?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

englishman

Car reviews.

Before buying the Mitsubishi Phev I decided to do some research, I came to the following conclusions.
There are various reviews some slanted towards the reviewers personal choice , that I can accept but also some very misleading or technically incorrect reviews.
Here are some following fair and sensible reviews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_n2ncjUTfg
http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/mitsubishi-outlander-phev-first-drive-20131125-2y5gj.html

And then there's this one, what's the point reviewing a plugin hybrid car when you live on a London street with no drive, She had no way of plugging the car into the mains supply to charge the battery. Plus London is on the whole is not very hilly and with constant idling in traffic would have little or no chance of recharging the battery pack.

http://www.driving.co.uk/news/plug-in-baby-not-after-trying-the-mitsubishi-outlander-phev-says-eleanor-mills/

OMG - that last review is beyond ridiculous :evil: - I've read lots of reviews and that's the most outrageous by far. She didn't have a clue how to use the tech despite her claims - why didn't they give her a 3 if she couldn't cope with the info screen or the LDW etc. And as for not being able to plug it in.... Gggrrrr.
H

Hi englishman & welcome, I'm sure you will find all sorts of info & tips on this forum.

That last video was appalling, the woman had no idea about the technology of the vehicle.

Atm I have a Prius Hybrid, and think that there is a certain mindset you acquire after a while, planning ahead, not travelling too close, so you're able to ease off the throttle & regen. to the max. :idea: & generally being frugal with the throttle.

I get between 60-65mpg from the Prius & am hoping to better that with the Outlander, which I'll hopefully be getting in the next couple of weeks, (can't wait :cool: ).

I mainly do short country runs of 20-30 miles, so hope it will be ideal for me.

Hi tarq
If you get that out of your Prius, you will do really well with your PHEV. We also have a 2006 Prius which we've had from new and has now done around 140,000 miles. And I replaced a 12 year old Polo. My journeys are like yours - mainly sub 30 miles rural runs. Not having to make a special journey to fill up the tank is an absolute godsend for me! It is like having your own private petrol station at home and no queuing! (note my mpg below includes 2 big holidays without charging so now dragging the average back up!).
Cheers
H

Hypermiler said:
OMG - that last review is beyond ridiculous :evil: - I've read lots of reviews and that's the most outrageous by far. She didn't have a clue how to use the tech despite her claims - why didn't they give her a 3 if she couldn't cope with the info screen or the LDW etc. And as for not being able to plug it in.... Gggrrrr.
H

+1, she doesn't have a clue. 2000 kms in 2 months, forgot that there is a place called petrol station :lol:

Hi Guys

As you can see in the thread 'Switzerland', I'm also looking into buying a PHEV.
Most reviews I read were more then positive, except about the 'beeps'.
Is there no way of turning them off :?:

Hi gio. You can turn off all the beeps I think. Possibly not the door open and seatbelt warnings for safety reasons but someone else will let you know, I'm sure.
H

Good news is overall the majority of reviews are positive, the ones to look for on you tube are reviews in Australia they seem to have a better understanding of the engineering. the bad news is my car gets delivered end of sept GX3H model couldn't afford the next model up and I won't be driving it for at least 4 weeks, due to a factory recall on my titanium hip. so it's not only cars that get recalls Lol......anyway shower and off to the hospital. ps good forum.

ufo said:
Hypermiler said:
H

+1, she doesn't have a clue. 2000 kms in 2 months, forgot that there is a place called petrol station :lol:

That is a bit of an oversimplification, you know! I'll be doing not much more than 1000km per month, but I'll be burning plenty of petrol - I'll be doing it in four runs of a couple of hundred km each plus journeys of a few km most other days.

Hypermiler said:
Hi gio. You can turn off all the beeps I think. Possibly not the door open and seatbelt warnings for safety reasons but someone else will let you know, I'm sure.
H
There are plenty of beeps left after the turning off.... :(

Gio said:
Is there an extra speaker for the beeping noise, or does it come out of the general speaker :?:

I'm pretty sure the 'tailgate beeping noise' comes from within the tailgate. I seem to recall watching a video on the Dutch forum ages ago about how to 'unplug' it.... :p Haven't had the nerve to attempt it yet, but it's only a matter of time.... :eek:

maby said:
ufo said:
Hypermiler said:
H

That is a bit of an oversimplification, you know! I'll be doing not much more than 1000km per month, but I'll be burning plenty of petrol - I'll be doing it in four runs of a couple of hundred km each plus journeys of a few km most other days.

No it is not. it all depends on your driving profile. I mostly drive in city and each round trip to home is less than 50 km. So never used any petrol except two 160 km trips in which PHEV consumed around 10 litres of fuel in total. So still going around with 35 litres of fuel in the tank.

Back