Rust

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kam4HS

I have a 2016 4HS. Whilst washing yesterday I noticed rust at the bottom of the front passenger door. The rust runs all along the bottomw edge. Mitsubishi are supposed to have a 10year perforation warranty. Have sent a request via the Mitsubishi chat system. Let's see if they honour the warranty.20240406_165813.jpg

Attachments

• 20240406_165756.jpg
    20240406_165756.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240406_165826.jpg
    20240406_165826.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240406_165817.jpg
    20240406_165817.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
You are kidding yourself... there is no such "colour rust" warranty honouring.
The rust warranty is for perforation rust. If you can put your finger inside the door through rust hole then they will honour it.

You are kidding yourself... there is no such "colour rust" warranty honouring.
The rust warranty is for perforation rust. If you can put your finger inside the door through rust hole then they will honour it.
I fear that may be the case... It's worth a try talking to them but with Mitsubishi retreating from the car market in many countries, it would be difficult to put effective pressure on them.

Since it's a white car, my tendency would be towards sanding back the rust, filling it out with cellulose putty and overpainting it. Then, get some Waxoyl, pop off the door lining and put a decent coating into the bottom of the door. Keep that topped up and I think it will last a few years. The water is probably getting past the rubber seal at the window - you may need to replace that

Martin

be careful to make sure any drain holes at the door bottom are kept clear else water will just sit there and waxoyl etc won't save it much if that's the case. Oft caused by over liberal application of rust treatments in fact.

Back