Sat Nav - changing speed

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoffshep69

Had my first experience of using the Sat Nav over the weekend, on a 300 mile round trip down to the North of England and back. Have to say it worked pretty well and I had no problems with it, despite the adverse feedback that it always seems to get on here.

However, one bugbear was that I can't seem to find any way to change the average speed settings that it uses to calculate arrival times. It was estimating that it was going to take me something like 3.5 hours to do 130 miles, all of which was on A roads and dual carriageway.

My previous car (Qashqai) allowed you to set your own speed setting for different types of roads, and it then used that setting to calculate the journey time. Can't seem to find any similar setting anywhere within the MMCS, so just wondered if anyone else has experienced this or if it can be corrected anywhere ?

outofyorkshire said:
No way of amending speeds, all you can change is the fastest , shortest, eco mode of calculation

Thought so.....wouldn't mind not being able to change it if they actually used realistic figures to start with, but when using the 'fast' calculation for the route it still assumes that I can only do 35mph on main roads and dual carriageways !

Back