Satnav display

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan44

I have a PHEV 2014 gx4h with MMCS satnav.

When the route guidance is in operation and I approach a junction, there is a secondary display on the dashboard in front of the steering wheel, giving a diagram, say, of the approaching roundabout. On this display just to the right of the roundabout or bend or whatever, there is a small diagram of a vertical pushbutton with a downward pointing arrow on top.

Does anyone know what that means? I couldn't find an explanation in any of the user manuals.

Thanks
Jan

IIRC it means that you can push the 'menu' button (can't remember off-hand which one this is, but it's the left-hand one of a row I think!), and that turns off the guidance and back to its normal display (remaining miles or whatever). However, in my experience, this only works for a short time, and that particular display will revert to a satnav guidance at the next junction. I don't use the car satnav very often, I prefer my trusty old Tomtom....

Indeed, every (warning) message that appears behind the wheel can be dismissed by pressing the "paging" button (the button that you use to page through different screens, on the left side behind the steering wheel).

Depending on the severity of the message, a short push (i think the pushbutton display in the screen is hollow) is enough or a longer push (the pushbutton on the screen is solid) is needed. Also, it may take a while before the pushbutton appears.

Pushing the button when a junction is displayed does not cancel guidance. It just dismisses the message about the upcoming junction.

Jan44 said:
Thank you both for your replies. I'll try that next time.

Jan

Ditto that - been looking for this solution since I got mine - and was only discussing it a work today!

Cheers!

Simon

Back