Satnav

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amplix

I changed from. prius to a 2015 PHEV. I am currently in Spain via France from the UK. I am surprised and very disappointed at how poor the mapping is in comparison, many small towns and villages are not in the database and don't even mention streets even in big towns. I have had to resort to maps and my smart phone to get destinations. I also miss the ability to select a road junction as a waypoint. Eg Sevenoaks to Edinburgh will try to use M6 when I prefer M11 and A1, impossible to get ir right. another failure is the lack of POI data, hotels and petrol stations are sparse. The available display colour schemes are poor and the displayed data for forested and water areas is not clear.
The location of charge points in the database for the UK is incomplete and for France and Spain, again minimal. another problem is trying to use a type 2 charge point if one is travelling,. Who has 3 hours to spare other than overnight? At least a DC point is fast but I've not come across any in Framce or Spain. My destination actully has 2 type 2'locations but these belong to hotels and not the one I'm going to, my fault I guess.
The only advantage I have found is at home where I have a 16amp charger and mostly run on battery power .
I also think that the MMP system is overly complex and not intuitive, try cancelling the guidance, it's not in the NAVI settings.
James

Amplix said:
I also think that the MMP system is overly complex and not intuitive, try cancelling the guidance, it's not in the NAVI settings.
You use the Destination button (the one with the flag) to set a destination. You use the same Destination button to cancel. That is much more intuitive than cancelling via Settings menu.

Or with the map view press the button on the screen itself like an arrow pointing upwards then select Cancel Guidance

CJ

Amplix said:
I also miss the ability to select a road junction as a waypoint. Eg Sevenoaks to Edinburgh will try to use M6 when I prefer M11 and A1, impossible to get it right.
James

I too struggled with this, I have a similar requirement. My initial fudge was to set the 'Waypoint' as a destination, and then make the journey in two 'hops'. However, after hours of frustration struggling with the useless manual, followed by lots of playing around with the screen, I finally established how to set this destination as a waypoint in my intended journey. I can post the solution if anybody needs it.......

How to set Waypoints. (MY14)

There are two scenarios.
A. To add a Waypoint to a Destination that you are setting now:
1. Select / search for your destination as usual. Leads to:
2. 'Destination Confirmation' screen. Touch the 'Show Route' button (top right). Leads to:
3. An overview of your route. Touch the 'Modify' button on the bottom of this screen. Leads to:
4. 'Itinerary List' screen. Touch the 'Add' button on the right side.
5. Select / search for a 'Destination' you want to add as a Waypoint. Leads to:
6. 'Destination Confirmation' screen. Touch the 'Itinerary List' button. Leads to:
7. 'Add to Itinerary List' screen. Touch the 'Add' button on the top left. Leads back to:
8. 'Itinerary List' screen, Step 4 above, with the Waypoint added. Repeat steps 4 thru 7 for each Waypoint (up to 5 in total), or
9. Touch 'Start' at bottom left when done. If you have added multiple Waypoints, you may have to use the 'Re-order' button first!

B. To add a Waypoint if already en route:
1. Press the Navi Menu button on the screen surround.
2. Touch 'Route Menu'.
3. Touch 'Itinerary', leads to step A4 above.

NOTE: The Waypoint(s) is (are) added to the current 'Route', NOT to the actual destination that you may have chosen from, say, your Address Book. This makes sense, because the next time you set a route for this destination, you may be travelling in the opposite direction, when the Waypoint(s) might not be helpful!

I hope you find this useful, but please don't blame me for the tortuous method.....

Back