Scottish EV Rally: Glasgow Saturday 12th Sept 2015

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nernm

We received an email from Charge Your Car regarding the above, being organised by the Energy Saving Trust.

I've pasted the brief details below and we've expressed an interest in taking part.

Anyone else signing up?

It looks like a good opportunity to meet other EV and plug-in hybrid drivers and compare experiences.

Starting in George Square, with a return trip to Stirling as the route (c. 60 miles)
Catering at Stirling will be provided for all participants. Along with Robert’s show
We’re asking all drivers to be on-site at George Square by 10am on 12th September. There will be a static display on the square itself of the EVs
There will be information stands and a chance for the public to see the EVs and ask drivers about their model
The Minister will wave off the vehicles at midday
At Stirling, drivers are welcome to stay for food and Robert’s show – after this, drivers can head back to Glasgow or wherever else they need to go.
Please be aware that there are no charging facilities at the venue in Stirling.

Maybe see some of you there!

Sorry folks, just received a reply saying they are oversubscribed.

May still be worth toddling along as a spectator though

:shock:

nernm said:
Sorry folks, just received a reply saying they are oversubscribed.

May still be worth toddling along as a spectator though

:shock:

I'm glad its going to be busy, I thought about it, but too much happening at the mo to have joined in.

Is it me, or does someone have a very dry sense of humour? An event to showcase EVs with no charging facilities at the final destination... sure, that makes sense! And that's after the words rally and EV are used in the same email subject line!

Not to worry it's an outlander no charge required we shall overcome and who knows maybe help tow the odd leaf home :twisted:

Hey, received an email today and they have made more spaces available, so I have registered. "We shall go to the ball!" :D

I totally take the point about no charging at the final venue - that struck me immediately! Surely have the destination somewhere else, or rig up some temporary multiple arrangement.

Back