Service interval and warranty (UK)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentphev

After 8000 miles Im getting a "routine maintenance required" message on start up.... 4,000 miles short of the 12K service interval :(

Im assuming it must be 12,000 miles or 12 months as car was registered in Oct 2014

Anyone else seeing early service messages?

Lastly, when I bought my phev back in the spring (as a nearly new) they told me it had 5yr warranty. However the service book says 3yrs. Does anyone with a 2014 model phev think they have a 3 or 5 yr warranty?

Thanks

kentphev said:
Lastly, when I bought my phev back in the spring (as a nearly new) they told me it had 5yr warranty. However the service book says 3yrs. Does anyone with a 2014 model phev think they have a 3 or 5 yr warranty?

Thanks

2014 models only had a 3 year warranty, 5 years was introduced in 2015. I got mine in December 2014, so was very disappointed with this. Though it's only on a 4 year, hand back, lease, so only 1 year of risk.

It's 12,500 miles or 12 months. Warranty for 2014 was 3 years but with an option to purchase an additional couple of years, I believe.

maby said:
It's 12,500 miles or 12 months. Warranty for 2014 was 3 years but with an option to purchase an additional couple of years, I believe.

Should have known better than trust a car salesman :(

kentphev said:
After 8000 miles Im getting a "routine maintenance required" message on start up.... 4,000 miles short of the 12K service interval :(

Im assuming it must be 12,000 miles or 12 months as car was registered in Oct 2014

If you had cycled through the dash displays you would have seen the 12months gradually count down along with the mileage.

Mine's a 2015 build car so should have the 5 year warranty. The service book states 3 years, the dates hand written in the front say 3 years but there is a sticker in the front cover stating 5 years! I also have a sales document from the dealer stating 5 years.
I challenged my dealer on the 3-year stuff particularly as it is hand written at the original sale/PDI and they said the sticker supercedes that written in the book and not to worry.

In any event I sent off the change of owner card for the warranty from the back of the service book to Mitsubishi UK (my car was a pre-registered car too) having filled in the necessary '5-year' dates. :)

Nice service manager at dealership confirmed I do have a 5yr warranty despite the service book. He said all 64 plate phevs have 5 years.

#relieved

I'm going through this with my dealer at the moment - less than 1 year old PHEV and service book says warranty ends after 3 years but there is a section in warranty terms and conditions that states that Electric Vehicle components have a 5 year warranty.

So if it has a 5 year warranty why do they write in an end date of 3 years when it is first registered??

It all seems as clear as mud to me and I don't like it when manufacturers are not clear as it gives them 'wriggle room' should a warranty claim be necessary.

Good idea to return the change of owner card for warranty with the correct 5 year dates!!

kentphev said:
Nice service manager at dealership confirmed I do have a 5yr warranty despite the service book. He said all 64 plate phevs have 5 years.

#relieved

Interesting! We bought ours late September 2014 and were told that the extra two years would have to be purchased. It would be good if Mitsubishi were to confirm the situation - they definitely monitor this forum - one of the forum members is Mitsubishi UK HQ - comments guys?

Hi all,

If you can send me a PM with your registration numbers I will check and advise back.

:cool:

Ordered ours on 1 June and took delivery on 8 September with 5 year warranty on sticker price, no extra charge.

Phevnumpty said:
I'm going through this with my dealer at the moment - less than 1 year old PHEV and service book says warranty ends after 3 years but there is a section in warranty terms and conditions that states that Electric Vehicle components have a 5 year warranty.

So if it has a 5 year warranty why do they write in an end date of 3 years when it is first registered??

It all seems as clear as mud to me and I don't like it when manufacturers are not clear as it gives them 'wriggle room' should a warranty claim be necessary.

Good idea to return the change of owner card for warranty with the correct 5 year dates!!

Seems clear to me - the overall car is 3 years but the EV components (batteries, motors etc.) are 5 on 2014 cars.

Back