Side Light LED's - 3 sets in under a year!!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outofyorkshire

I am now on my 3rd set of side light LED's. in 9 months. :shock:
Anyone else had issues with replacement LED's in the sidelights.
I also changed number plate , charging plug & interior lights with LED's, none of which have yet to fail , so it must be something specific to the side lights??? :?

Each set has only lasted approx 3 months & each set has been a different make / supplier , so I am a little confused as to why they would all fail so quickly.
Any ideas ????

Don't live at No.13, by any chance? Broken any mirrors? ;)

I've had mine in situ for over a year now - no trouble. I think you may just have been really unlucky. Doesn't seem to afflict many owners who have changed.

I am firmly of the opinion that for LEDs you get what you pay for. I've bought cheap LEDs for my Jag and for the PHEV and none have been much cop. Out of 4 W5W LEDs I fitted to the sidelights and the number plate lamps 1 number plate lamp started flickering within 2 weeks because 3 elements had failed and 1 side light similarly. I refuse to pay silly money for "reputable" brands because in the applications above I do not feel they give much benefit. OK, they look modern and brighter but nobody relies on sidelights and number plate lamps for safety based illumination.

Same problem, 3 sets of 501 LED's in 12 months. Ok where do I get 501 LED bulbs that last from?

Back