Spotted!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a near miss with a silver PHEV this afternoon. Creeping out of a limited visibility T junction, I found the silver one coming towards me rather faster than I would have liked. Given the relative rareness on the road still, it could have been an insurance first!

Passed another white PHEV in Kings Ave here in Sarf Lundun yesterday evening - thumbs up acknowledgment. :D

I have had my Phev for 10 months now and cannot believe how many are now on the road, I thought i was part of an exclusive club and looked forward to the day that someone would have spotted me and put it on this thread. it has got to the point of maddness around the Hull / East Yorkshire area, on my street there are 3 - all white and only mine that is ever plugged in. I drove from my house in to town, about 8 miles, 3 weeks ago and saw 8 in that distance (1 Phev per mile has to be a record).

the most Phevs I have seen on the road in a day was in trip from Anlaby to Chesterfield (about 50 miles) and i saw 19

so sorry for not getting reg numbers etc but there seem to be too many to keep track of.

Nice chat Thursday morning, M4 Reading westbound at about 08:30 with a chap in a black GX3 64reg. I'm sure I saw him again eastbound on the M4 near Reading Friday 5pm!

HJB

aitchjaybee said:
Nice chat Thursday morning, M4 Reading westbound at about 08:30 with a chap in a black GX3 64reg. I'm sure I saw him again eastbound on the M4 near Reading Friday 5pm!

HJB

Yes, it was me :) and I saw you at J11 M4 Friday :)

:D Went from wrexham to llandudno seen two,first one in Llandudno white one going towards little orme and the second in McDonald's drive through mold and that was blue,nice to see more about mines white reg 15NJX see you out there :)

Two or three more days until I get mine but I've been looking out for others. So far one black one near work (Old Street way) and one white one in Hampstead this afternoon - pointed out to my dear old mum who I driving home at the time.

The mirror is so big and look what have I found along the Chelsea Embankment in London :)

DSC_0134.jpg

tun said:
The mirror is so big and look what have I found along the Chelsea Embankment in London :)

Strangely, the large side mirrors is one of those little pluses I remember from the test drive. I liked them enough to comment on it to friends later ;)

PeterGalbavy said:
tun said:

Strangely, the large side mirrors is one of those little pluses I remember from the test drive. I liked them enough to comment on it to friends later ;)

My wife thinks they cause blind spots but I like them - reminds me of my father fitting van door mirrors to his cars in the days when they were only mounted on the front of car wings :D

Tun,
The one on Chelsea Embankment was quite possibly my wife doing the school run!
Twice a day - Albert Bridge to Vauxhall Bridge!

gobiman said:
Tun,
The one on Chelsea Embankment was quite possibly my wife doing the school run!
Twice a day - Albert Bridge to Vauxhall Bridge!

Gobiman,

I'm pretty sure that's a dude in the car and no kids :) But good to know, there will be at least 3 PHEV in the same jam every day. What the hell with the cycle lane in Vauxhall!!

:p

2 today! Black with roof rack northbound A1 near Wetherby at 10.30 (I was driving other way). Blue 15 reg towards Wetherby from Collingham again with a roof rack around 11am (I was in a group walking along the road).
H

Very nice GX5 in pearl white with dark leather parked in a little village near Northampton today. Looking forward to mine in 2weeks same spec looked fab

M4 between J13 and J12. Saw a Silver PHEV 64 Reg had a side dent involved in 3 car collision. It looked like a minor accident hope everyone is fine.

Back