Spotted!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today, I was in front of my house, talking to a neighbor. While talking, we were standing next my PHEV. Within 5 minutes, two other PHEV's drove by. No chance their drivers didn't see mine, as the street is only 5 meters wide and mine was parked in the street at that time, but they didn't bother to look at it. Or at me.

Why didn't they bother? Within a 1 mile radius from where I live, there are at least 8 of them.

Sorry, I have to stop this. This is not the UK. :oops:

Saw 3 others within 30 mins in Doncaster today - all the drivers waved. My wife reckons I should get a new car as mine is too common! And she couldn't understand how I could recognise another one from so far away - until I mentioned the running lights and the badges on the front wings. Needless to say it was her that spotted the 3rd one. My sons latest comment is that bus drivers wave at each other! :lol:

Popped into Loxford BP petrol station in Ilford - that have a Rapid Charge unit - and met one guy with a GX4h charging, I mentioned forums and the like to him and while I was charging another guy was having his white GX3h washed and was going to charge after me. Then a Leaf showed up. At this point I was done ;)

Having parked close to an Atlantic Grey one in a school car park yesterday, I drove to the train station to pick up my son. I went in the station to check the times and noticed when I came back outside that a glacier blue one had parked 4 bays away. Within a minute or so, another Glacier Blue one dropped someone off and left immediately and as I watched it leave I spotted a black one in the rear of the car park. So if it were you at exactly 4pm yesterday at Doncaster Station consider yourself spotted! I think I will move on to spotting the diesel version as I haven't seen any on the road yet. :lol:

Spotted White PHEV, M4 J13 Chieveley Services- Friday 8:50AM.

Nice talking to the lady and She adviced me about the Charging Flap Breaking issue and how to get it repaired by Mitsubishi.

charging on the high speed unit at boucher road, belfast this morning. a white phev was parked unattended two bays away from the charging point, and a black one came in and did a three point turn and away (obviously didn't want to wait). a leaf was leaving as I arrived and another arrived just before I left!

duplo said:
charging on the high speed unit at boucher road, belfast this morning. a white phev was parked unattended two bays away from the charging point, and a black one came in and did a three point turn and away (obviously didn't want to wait). a leaf was leaving as I arrived and another arrived just before I left!

Lol. That black one was me. I saw you on the charger and thought the other one must be queued up. I went a few miles up the road to the Belvoir rapid charger. The Rapid chargers are getting a lot busier recently. We're going to need more chargers around here.

bdbdbd said:
duplo said:

Lol. That black one was me. I saw you on the charger and thought the other one must be queued up. I went a few miles up the road to the Belvoir rapid charger. The Rapid chargers are getting a lot busier recently. We're going to need more chargers around here.

Hiya! Yeah I think the leaf driver arrived just before you? He was down to a few miles so would have been there a while.

Is that the one at shaws bridge? I was there the other day and it wouldn't unlock from the car at the end of charging. They had to reboot the charger remotely, but it may have been a mechanical issue with the release handle. I got it free eventually and they said they would get an engineer to check it.

Just so you know, there are new standard chargers going in at BCH, MPH and the mater hospital. Plus one at sprucefield opposite McDonald's, hopefully the one at sprucefield will be high speed as that would be a perfect spot for it.

duplo said:
Hiya! Yeah I think the leaf driver arrived just before you? He was down to a few miles so would have been there a while.

Is that the one at shaws bridge? I was there the other day and it wouldn't unlock from the car at the end of charging. They had to reboot the charger remotely, but it may have been a mechanical issue with the release handle. I got it free eventually and they said they would get an engineer to check it.

Just so you know, there are new standard chargers going in at BCH, MPH and the mater hospital. Plus one at sprucefield opposite McDonald's, hopefully the one at sprucefield will be high speed as that would be a perfect spot for it.

Yes, the Maxol station at Shaw's Bridge. I've used it loads of times. Maybe I've just been lucky. I was on my way to Newtownards and made it there and almost back on that charge. Good to know about the new chargers at the hospitals. A sprucefield rapid charger would be great. I visit there all the time.

Glacier Blue one - just coming off the fast charger at Ferrybridge Services on the M62 as I was going on to it. Good job he had finished as the charger I backed onto had an error message in it.

This morning 8.45 Clapham Common, Sarf Lundun, grey Gx4. Trailed for 5 mins along S. Circular giving a friendly wave but no response - probably to busy struggling with the MMCS :lol:

Glacier Blue 64 plate 4hs, on the charger at Tibshelf services, which was in its last 5 mins of its charge cycle. Had a real nice chat with the owner, a guy called Paul from Manchester who hadn't seen the forum, but swears he will look it up tonight. If you get on here, Paul, it was lovely to meet you. Thanks for the tip about free parking and charging in the middle of Manchester using the CYC app. Look forward to meeting you again.

Hi to the friendly chap I met at the vet in Easingwold this morning - black 15 plate about 6 weeks old. Nice meeting you. Hope you find the forum and benefit from all the advice on here. Have seen a couple this week including the first blue one locally to me - the lady driving didn't notice me coming past though...
Cheers
H

White PHEV driving along Low Road, Thornhill, W. Yorks. I think it was last Sunday morning? I was walking the dog. It took a lot of willpower not to flag it down!!

After 6pm yesterday white Gx4 parked in Chelsea Sq, Chelsea.

However, since starting driving into Central London almost every day (free parking & electricity and NO Congestion Charge :D ) I am seeing one a day on average - even spotted a black diesel but wouldn't wave to them, on principle :mrgreen:, especially when they cut me up :evil:

Back