Spotted!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday lunchtime - parked next to a black phev at Harlow Carr gardens. Also white parked in Easingwold market place this morning. And a black one with private plates behind me near Towthorpe heading out of York on Weds about 5.30pm ish.
Starting to see a few now but still get a bit excited when I do...
H

gobiman said:
Greendwarf,
Good spot - the one in Chelsea Square is mine!

Just in case we get confused then (my wife is a regular at the Marsden at the moment) mine's the one with the dented off-side wheel arch ;)

PHEV's are few and far between in OZ. On my Ozzie road trip I saw on at a dealer in Brisbane, but in 20000km of road driving I only saw the petrol or diesel Outlander models. Really envious of the colour options on the other models.

So sorry that I didn't see the lady in the white PHEV waving furiously to me in Arksey, Doncaster today - my wife saw you but I was watching the idiot who was determined to pull out of the junction at whatever cost! I know we can run silent - but I didn't realise that the AVAS button invoked the invisibility cloak! Anyway, I will keep my eye out for you and wave back next time. :D

New style chademo connector at Chester services. There is no trigger, just plug in and validate using your card. To release, you need to press in a yellow button on the top of the connector.

They're EVERYWHERE!!

- Yesterday on my commute, passed a blue one on the M25 near Junction 7.
- Pulled into Cobham services for a coffee and a charge, as I was leaving a grey one was pulling in.
- As I joined the M4 there was a black one in the outside lane.
- I'm in early so no other cars there when I turn up, however when leaving noticed a black one in the car park.
- Back on the M25 saw a white one coming in the other direction near junction 10 and passed a black one near Cobham services.
- Got passed by a black one just before Clacket Lane services.
- Pulled into Clacket Lane services for lunch and a charge, but alas a black one was parked up charging, so lunch only.
- On departing I passed a black one that was going down the M26 as I continued round on the M25.
- At junction 4 a blue one passed me.
- When I went to pick up the missus from the station there was a white one behind me and I passed a black one parked up near the station.

So that's 12 in one day!! Including mine that makes it a bakers dozen!!

This evening a black 15 plate Gx3 cheekily offsetting the £3 per hour cost of parking underground at Chelsea & Westminster hospital by recharging from a maintenance 3 pin socket - not even in a designated space :eek:

2 white 64 plate Gx3hs at Aldwych today on separate occasions - both dirty (like mine) so we know what the 3 of us will be doing this weekend :oops:

The one this morning was "smoking" so either forgot to Save on the way in to Lundun or it was still too cold today at 9c for the poor driver to run with no heating. Surely by now he should have toughened up :cool: :cool: :cool:

White GX4 , (didn't catch the plate.) Southbourne overcliff, going towards Hengistbury Head. (Dorset) just after 12 this morning.

Found myself in a PHEV sandwich between two 64 plates (grey and black) top to tail along the Albert Embankment this evening. Felt quite the spit-roasted WAG in my virginal white :lol:

The odds of this happening for any make/mark (other than a Black Cab) must be very high but for a PHEV must lottery winning levels - perhaps I ought to but a ticket this week. ;)

greendwarf said:
The odds of this happening for any make/mark (other than a Black Cab) must be very high but for a PHEV must lottery winning levels - perhaps I ought to but a ticket this week. ;)
As an aside, I used to work in premises overlooking Bow Street in London. Our record for "Black cabs nose to tail" was 22. (It was a boring job!).

Snap - a white 64 reg Gx3h from Portsmouth (although cleaner than mine) on last night's ferry from Rosslare

PS. If using Pembroke Dock, the "free" EV charging point is merely a waterproof 3 pin socket hidden round the side of the left hand check-in kiosk.

Wyevale Garden Centre on the A4 near Maidenhead yesterday afternoon - 2 black, one white, another red and a 2015 glacier blue. How sad is that... ;)

Last Friday, near Fleet Street - one grey, 2 white. Have become as ubiquitous as London buses in that you wait for ages and then 3 come along together. :eek:

Back