Spotted!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddogsetc

Thought I'd start a thread for those rare occasions when you come across another PHEV, so you can post on here in case it's another member.

I'll start the ball rolling - spotted about 9AM this morning just outside Grayshott, Hants/Surrey border - a grey one with FV14 --- plate. :cool:

Someone from our local distributor often parks their demonstrator in the pub car park near our house - but I guess that doesn't really count!

Mon 1 Sept lunchtime - black 14 reg with tow bar in Easingwold - 1st one I've seen in UK other than mine and at dealership.
H

Two PHEV's tailing each other on the M40 a couple of weeks back, one in the high street (East Grinstead) and a grey one in Aldi today.

Tuesday 2nd Sept, M6 approaching Wigan slip road Northbound.
White 14 plate sitting in middle lane obviously on CC, approx 60 mph with large gap in front and cars overtaking on both sides :)

I propose we wave at each other when gliding silently past.

Having been a Landy owner for over 25 years we always wave and as a motorcyclist we always make an effort and at least nod at each other

Good to get a wave from the black 14 reg heading North through Bisley on the A322 in Surrey on Wednesday 3rd at about 12:45. I was the grinning idiot who flashed then realised protocol was a wave, southbound also in a black 14 reg. felt like secret club. :geek:

Only other one I've seen (apart from the demonstrator at the dealer) was in the car park at centerparcs in Belgium last month. Got my car the day before we went! Didn't see the owner though so no euro pleasantries could be exchanged!

Hi,
The first I saw was a white 4h using the charging facilities at Meadowhall Shopping Centre on 2nd August 2014. I was that excited (since I also parked to charge and both cars were white and it was the first I had seen) that I took a photo and created a topic called Meadowhall?

I just saw my second on 7th September 2014 at South Yorkshire Boat Club's open day at Great Heck. It was also a 4h, in white, with a personalised number plate that said Leeds on it.

Getting quite common now :(

Kind regards,
Mark

aitchjaybee said:
Good to get a wave from the black 14 reg heading North through Bisley on the A322 in Surrey on Wednesday 3rd at about 12:45. I was the grinning idiot who flashed then realised protocol was a wave, southbound also in a black 14 reg. felt like secret club. :geek:

Definitely no flashing - that's a couple of yards off your EV range! :mrgreen:

Haven't seen too many in the Chester/North Wales area in recent weeks, but a blue one last night at 5pm at the A483/A55 roundabout (reg ending FXM) and another blue one this morning at 8:25am on the A525 at Wrexham Industrial Estate (reg ending DEK). I can't wave though; I'm still driving my 520d until November 4th! :x

Lovely looking black one spotted in St Annes on Wednesday afternoon.

The Outlander looks amazing in black, especially when all shined up like the one I saw.

Spotted 3 in dealers in Weston s Mare today.

The Grey Demonstrator parked near road.

Someone driving away from garage in another Grey PHEV.

And, a blue PHEV, marked up as sold, to a lady called Pam, if it was a (13) private plate?

Harrogate today - a possible phev in dark grey coming out of Harrogate on A661 near show ground about 11am (was too busy working out it whether it was an outlander to see whether it was a phev). It had a Dutch number plate, so presumably more likely than not to be a phev :)

And a definite blue on the same road but going into Harrogate around 2pm with a tow bar. Didn't see it until we were almost past - gave a quick wave but they were already behind us!
H

seen a couple more on the road last couple of days. This morning arriving at Woking leisure centre as I left at 10am a grey 64 reg (who didn't wave back. :cry: I'll forgive them as car park was heaving and needed a bit of concentration I guess). Also a white 64 reg in Windsor on Wednesday 17th at 6pm Windsor A308 though suspect they may not reply to this post as they sped past the line of traffic i was in (my lane straight on only) them using the right turn only lane and cut in at the last second to save 1 minute of queuing! :roll: That's the trouble of having a distinctive car! There's no way they were going to get 5 eco leaves for that journey (or even 3 i suspect!)

ferris72 said:
White 14 plate sitting in middle lane obviously on CC, approx 60 mph with large gap in front and cars overtaking on both sides :)
It was not me,mines a private plate,but yes I hate centre lane hoggers, I have been known to undertake them(Why should I make 4 lane changes to get past),but they are usually oblivious to the hint to move in.

aitchjaybee said:
seen a couple more on the road last couple of days. This morning arriving at Woking leisure centre as I left at 10am a grey 64 reg (who didn't wave back. :cry: I'll forgive them as car park was heaving and needed a bit of concentration I guess). Also a white 64 reg in Windsor on Wednesday 17th at 6pm Windsor A308 though suspect they may not reply to this post as they sped past the line of traffic i was in (my lane straight on only) them using the right turn only lane and cut in at the last second to save 1 minute of queuing! :roll: That's the trouble of having a distinctive car! There's no way they were going to get 5 eco leaves for that journey (or even 3 i suspect!)

Re the inconsiderate driver,I think many company car drivers are getting a PHEV purely for the BIK reduction, they probably do not care about the ECO features, some may have swapped from a BMW and not changed their habits.

jayfdee said:
ferris72 said:
It was not me,mines a private plate,but yes I hate centre lane hoggers, I have been known to undertake them(Why should I make 4 lane changes to get past),but they are usually oblivious to the hint to move in.

Well, I will not actively undertake in the sense of pulling into a left hand lane to pass a vehicle in front, but I do drive as far to the left as possible for the speed I wish to do and I usually drive on cruise control - if I catch up with a vehicle in a middle lane, I don't slow down, hence I will effectively undertake them.

DrSlackBladder said:
Haven't seen too many in the Chester/North Wales area in recent weeks, but a blue one last night at 5pm at the A483/A55 roundabout (reg ending FXM) and another blue one this morning at 8:25am on the A525 at Wrexham Industrial Estate (reg ending DEK). I can't wave though; I'm still driving my 520d until November 4th! :x

I am going up to llyn Peninsular next Sunday and only picking the car up on Saturday, so if you pop out on to the A55 about 1pm you can wave and then post on here. :p

Back