Squeaky Seats

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevePHEV

Has anyone managed to stop the driver and passenger seats from squeaking and creaking when set to the lowest?

The plastic leather effect seats rub against the centre console all the time when set to the lowest and they make a horrible annoying sound.

At the moment I am thinking of lining the side of the seats with felt to try and reduce this!

Try it with 3x car seats ... the noise of leather against polystyrene is terrible. I won't hold Mitsubishi responsible for that one though (though why the top spec can't be configured with cloth seats is beyond me).

My personal peeve...

The centre console is too long, it extends into the back area and prevents the seats from folding down flat.

Very annoying.

AndyInOz said:
My personal peeve...

The centre console is too long, it extends into the back area and prevents the seats from folding down flat.

Very annoying.

Ours fold down flat Andy, also 2014 Aus.

What catches on the centre console?

Mark

I noticed that the centre console has a slight lip on it, no idea why as this makes it hard to stop the squeak.

AndyInOz said:
My personal peeve...

Very annoying.

My back seats fold flat if you fold the seat (horizontal) part forward first. See if that helps. The centre console has never been a problem, so maybe there are differences between the Oz and UK models

NAPpy said:
Ours fold down flat Andy, also 2014 Aus.

What catches on the centre console?

Mark

I'll have to have a look.

I can see how the seat bases are supposed to roll forwards, allowing the backs to lie parallel to the floor.

But the console prevents this from happening on one side.

I'll have another go at it and report back.

OK.

Further info.

I was expecting the seat bases to flip all the way over and disappear into the rear foot well.

The best I can do is have the seat bases standing vertical between the front seats and the folded rear seat backs.

I had thought that the centre console was causing the larger seat base to get tangled up, but I can't see any way to disappear the other side either.

:(

Some other vehicle I've been in, the rear seats completely disappeared to make a very large flat area in the back...

Andy

And this is a whole lot better than some other (premium) estates I've had... :( For instance with Volvo I had to remove the headrests, with Jaguar one could not adjust the rake of the front seat back without sliding the seat two notches forward, etc...

Back