Studded wintertires...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillerBob

I am taking delivery of my '15 Phev in a few months. I live in Greenland and I need to get some decent studded wintertires. I like the look of the 18" wheels, and will just be switching tires on the factory rims (also then I won't have a problem with TPMS (if it is indeed installed).

Looking at the ones I can get delivered up here I find;

Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 SUV
Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7 SUV
Michelin Latitude X-Ice North LXIN2
Pirelli Winter IceZero

I have previously used Vredestein, but alas...

Any recommendations?

Hi!
I live in Sweden, and we are also alowed to drive with studded tyres, not many countrys are.
I work with tyres and my suggestion is the Nokian Hakka7, just because this tyre is excelent, and cost alot less compare to the new Hakka 8.
When you leave your car for changing the tyres, make sure they are familiar with the TPMS in the rim so they do not brake it.
I assume you go for 225/55-18, today i can purchase the Hakka7 for 1575SEK/pc, and the Hakka8 for 1963SEK/pc, Michelin for 1743SEK/pc.
Sweden prices for export, app. 9,3 SEK is 1 Euro.

Thanks Martin!

Can you guide me to a Swedish supplier whom I can give a call? I am finding a lot of duds out there, and the prices you mention are OK. The suppliers in Denmark will not sell me studded tires:(

Thanks in advance...

Hi!
I purchase from Amring AB, +46313106060, I do not know if they export.
If you need help, i can help you, but i do not have a clue about the transport cost to you.

I also live in Sweden and have been using Hakka5 and Hakka7 on my previous SUVs with good results. Now I chose Hakka8 and they perform really well with the PHEV! You get a stable ride in icy and snowy conditions. I don't like wide winter tires so I went for Nokian Hakkapeliitta8 SUV 215/70R16 100T and rims Image Palermo 7x16 5/114.3 ET35 B73.1.
Tires 1572 SEK and rims 945 SEK each. Total cost fitted wheels 10643 SEK. Delivered by http://www.bythjul.com/a/ .Do not know if they ship abroad.

I finally found a dealer that will send the Hakka8 SUVs to Greenland, and deduct the VAT (we are VAT exempt in Grl.). Looking forward to the car and the tires - it would have been a disaster if I had the car and no tires...

Back