Suggestions - How Mitsubishi might improve PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uptodat said:
Does a lack of posts on the phone function mean most folk are happy with it?

It is trying to be too clever - and failing.
I have a Samsung S4, and speaking the 'call (fred blogs)' function will find entries in my phone's contact list no problem.
It just takes too long to answer all of the follow up questions.

More for the next generation of Outlander this one really, but having had a very brief look around a friend's new Sportage this morning, Mitsi will really have to up it's game with the interior in particular as the Kia looked way more classy and quite a bit more roomy too.

If they were to bring out a PHEV version for similar money to the Outlander I would be giving that some serious consideration if and when I'm in the market again.

1. Remember the B setting.
2. Remember the Eco setting.
3. Remember the central display setting.

(After just few days of driving.)

On the app. There is a button to start and stop the heating/cooling manually but not the charging - that has to be timed, why? If I have solar panels and plenty of time to charge and want to put the dishwasher/wmc or oven on I might want to be able to pause the charging from the house (assuming the connection reaches, of course).

... and in my brief experience with the app, the manual heating/cooling control is overridden by the timing function - so if it's not within the timed window to come on you can't force it to start with the manual control.

Surely it should be the other way around so you can always override it if you wish...

R.

The manual start of the cooling/heating can be done anytime regardless of the timer. Use it all the time to cool the car in advance when I know I'm about to use the car.

Hi,
You can manually tell the car to charge or stop charging, i.e. override the timer, at any time from the app. Same with the heating/cooling, all timers can be overridden with the app.
Kind regards,
Mark

After having my gx4h for just over a Weeks, I would put a faster processor in the MMCS and as mentioned before, the ability to set a default screen. But more than anything, the rear headroom needs sorting. It is woeful, I'm only 5"11 but when I sat in the back to see what it was like, I was shocked to find my head had to sit in the divot in the roof where the roof panel lowers to accommodate the sunroof. Any sharp braking and someone will have a sore head. It's even worse in the middle seat as I had to angle my head sideways to avoid the light. Luckily both my kids are under 5 so it won't be a problem but headroom seems like an afterthought by the design team.

DrSlackBladder said:
I'm surprised at your comment on the front seat comfort….I guess everyone is a different shape and size. I'm coming from a very comfortable BMW 520d, but both my wife and I found the front seats surprisingly comfortable in the PHEV (two 3 hour trips). No worries there; and it's an important point for me as I've suffered with back pain for years.

I suppose this is the main problem Mitsi's face isn't it? Everyone's experience is different... I am coming from a bad back too, had an operation about 5 years ago, and probably need another one lol...

It could possibly be that I'm also trying to cram about 8 hours of physical work in to it as well, but we are heading off again next week for another 8 hour round trip so I'll report back with my findings...

Re the phone side of things - for someone who spends about 7 hours a day on his phone, don't even get me started... It is utterly atrocious.madmittedly I haven't done any voice training or whatever, but I can't ask for numbers or names without it severely ballsing it up...

When it appears next year, it looks like the new PHEV Outlander is going to be stylish and look more modern.

ian4x4 said:
When it appears next year, it looks like the new PHEV Outlander is going to be stylish and look more modern.

Glad we bought now, in that case! I think the current model looks fine - nicely understated. However, I still regard the first Range Rover ever off the production line as the pinnacle of car design! :)

Mitsubishi need to add some utilities functions to the MMCS, that can display and possibly decode any diagnostic error codes. What is the point of offering a display system to a car that just replaces a GPS or stereo ?? The displays could be so powerful to future service techs.

gwatpe said:
Mitsubishi need to add some utilities functions to the MMCS, that can display and possibly decode any diagnostic error codes. What is the point of offering a display system to a car that just replaces a GPS or stereo ?? The displays could be so powerful to future service techs.
Mitsubishi just need to get the MMCS working as described, make it faster, and make it remember the last screen displayed. Although I would like to see average fuel consumption displayed on the PsideP trip screen too.
Kind regards,
Mark

Having seen 'posts' asking Mitsubishi for (expected?) features I have brought this to the foreground.

gwatpe said:

They have outboard diagnostic consoles to plug in for that sort of thing - not all Outlanders have an MMCS, so they are not going to rely on it.

Hypermiler said:
Agree re speed of multifunction screen thing, and re eco setting.

Also - checking its charging: Given I like to unplug it when its finished, I have to go out into the garage and peer in to see if the red light is on on the dash. The green light on the charge point doesn't even go out when finished. Would be nice to have a more visible way to see at a glance - maybe an led on the holster part that goes in the car? And no, the app doesn't connect in the house! If it worked on the house wifi network you could set a bong for when it finished so you could pop out and unplug it. Should I not worry and just leave it plugged in? (I haven't charged overnight yet - I usually unplug when I put the chickens to bed!).

I'd like the boot open button inside the car to work for say 10 seconds after turning the power off, I think it doesn't work if the power is off. I'd like to press it on my way out of the car so its open when I get there rather than either finding the keys or pressing the button on the boot itself.

The manual could be easier to use - e.g. where is the eco setting information? - not in the index under "eco"!

And I would have liked the choice of a more striking colour.

Love the car though!
H

I'm sure you've sorted this problem by now but I'm using one of those little gadgets that show you what electricity your using in the house. It's working great to let me know when the can has finished charging as the electricity usage drops away quite a bit when charged ;)

Yes, cheers - I now know exactly where in the kitchen I have to put the iPad to get a connection with the car - by the back window, standing on one leg with iPad above head :lol:
But then I've stopped bothering to unplug it as some mornings I've got the pre-heating timed. I discovered that it still preheats if its not plugged in (fair enough) which rather restricted my range the other day (dear OH had kindly unplugged the car for me!).
H

Hypermiler said:
Yes, cheers - I now know exactly where in the kitchen I have to put the iPad to get a connection with the car - by the back window, standing on one leg with iPad above head :lol:
But then I've stopped bothering to unplug it as some mornings I've got the pre-heating timed. I discovered that it still preheats if its not plugged in (fair enough) which rather restricted my range the other day (dear OH had kindly unplugged the car for me!).
H

oh ok I didn't notice you had the 4h unlike us 3h users who have to peer into a dark drive trying to spot an ant sized red plug symbol to see if the charge has finished :shock:

Back