Three car seats in the back

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amsy

Hi guys

My single mission this weekend is to find the slimmest car booster seat so that I can fit 3 forward facing car seats across the back for my 4 yr old, 2 year old and 9 month old.

Is anyone else manage to crack this? If yes , please share which cars seats you used to achieve the impossible dream

The 9 month old is in a maxi cosi pearl
The 2 year old is in a Dion Monterey 2
The 4 year old needs a new seat but I don't mind buying the others new seats as well if it means I can get 3 across the back

Any suggestions and advice appreciated
Cheers
Amsy

Amsy said:
Hi guys

My single mission this weekend is to find the slimmest car booster seat so that I can fit 3 forward facing car seats across the back for my 4 yr old, 2 year old and 9 month old.

Is anyone else manage to crack this? If yes , please share which cars seats you used to achieve the impossible dream

The 9 month old is in a maxi cosi pearl
The 2 year old is in a Dion Monterey 2
The 4 year old needs a new seat but I don't mind buying the others new seats as well if it means I can get 3 across the back

Any suggestions and advice appreciated
Cheers
Amsy

I don't have any kids myself so I'm not an expert. However, I took my brother and his two young sons out in the car, and he managed to make enough space to fit his largish arse between the two kiddie seats by fastening one of the seats in the seat belt rather than in the isofix. Dunno if this helps.

Thanks Dmd - any chance you can provide the dimensions of his 'largish arse' so that I can make comparisons to the missus!! :D

On a different note - any idea why mitsubishi thought it was a good idea to hang the seatbelt for the Middle rear seat out of the roof and also make this a different seatbelt connection to the other ones...struggling to understand the logic?!?

And why did they make the middle receiver part so damned uncomfortable for anyone squeezing into that middle seat?! I have two largish car seats in the back of mine and can fit between ok, but am only slim. I couldn't see me getting much of a booster seat in there...

There is isofix on the front seat - I would think it might be better for the second adult to sit in the back - they love that (the kids that is!).
H

Thanks Hypermiler!

It did indeed prove a struggle to get three car seats to fit at the back (mothercare guy said straight away it would be near impossible) - I will settle with one at the front (with airbag switched off)

Didn't realise front seat was isofix - at least that means the bulkiest seat can go at the front
Cheers

Back