Two timers per day?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fecn

Hi Folks.

Is there any way to set two timers per day for charging and pre-heating? I have free charging available at work, so I'd like to be able to charge overnight at home, and also whilst I'm at work. Similarly I'd like the car to be preheated to toasty warm in both directions of my commute.

I suspect that the answer to this is 'can't be done', but I thought it worth asking in case I'm being dumb and missing something obvious in the app/MMC

Cheers!

Fecn said:
Hi Folks.

Is there any way to set two timers per day for charging and pre-heating? I have free charging available at work, so I'd like to be able to charge overnight at home, and also whilst I'm at work. Similarly I'd like the car to be preheated to toasty warm in both directions of my commute.

I suspect that the answer to this is 'can't be done', but I thought it worth asking in case I'm being dumb and missing something obvious in the app/MMC

Cheers!

I would suggest to use the MMCS for the job.

You can configure 3 timers both for charging and as well for heat

But only 1 is active at time

The solution is to switch from one selection to the other before leave the car .. just 2 seconds extra in the car .. yes not automatic .. but at least manageable

I've only just sorted the Mrs with adaptive Cruise control.

After 8 months.

The kids do all the rest of the stuff she needs.

This is a battle I can't win :lol:

I'd agree with elm70. If you wanted to switch from one pre-heat time to another, as 3 different times can be pre-programmed in per day on the MMCS, then you could quickly get used to switching from one to another. 'Tis a pity all three can't work in one day without any manual 'switching' though. Although as the time is pre-programmed the touch screen 'switching' is pretty quick. Not sure about the charging timer though as I've never used it. I don't have Economy 7 as the cost of the daytime units works-out too expensive for my household use pattern. On my tariff a typical full charge costs around 70p. If at your workplace it's a 16 or 32amp Rolec or Chargemaster 3.5 hour charger, then surely in the day time you can just plug in when you arrive, and unplug when you leave? At whatever time the car is fully charged the charger will switch itself off. That's how I use my 'nightime' charger.

NightPHEVer said:
I'd agree with elm70. If you wanted to switch from one pre-heat time to another, as 3 different times can be pre-programmed in per day on the MMCS, then you could quickly get used to switching from one to another. 'Tis a pity all three can't work in one day without any manual 'switching' though. Although as the time is pre-programmed the touch screen 'switching' is pretty quick. Not sure about the charging timer though as I've never used it. I don't have Economy 7 as the cost of the daytime units works-out too expensive for my household use pattern. On my tariff a typical full charge costs around 70p. If at your workplace it's a 16 or 32amp Rolec or Chargemaster 3.5 hour charger, then surely in the day time you can just plug in when you arrive, and unplug when you leave? At whatever time the car is fully charged the charger will switch itself off. That's how I use my 'nightime' charger.

Have you looked at Economy 10? Same idea as seven but you don't need a separate circuit, the meter just flicks from tariff 1 to 2. In my area cheap times are 00:00 to 05:00 13:00 to 15:00 and 20:00 to 22:00.
SSE fitted meter for free, there are tie in options available but am seeing how things go before I tie in. Car arriving Tuesday so excitement and trepidation in equal measures at present

Oooh... I'd never even heard of economy 10 before... That would certainly have been an interesting option if I had known it existed... I'll have to wait for a year before I can do anything about that though as I've just signed up for 12 months with a new electricity supplier.

For charging, I could get away with setting the charge timer from midnight to 5pm (so charge any time except for the evenings).. that would cover overnight and at-work charging quite nicely.

Still amazed that Mitsubishi didn't consider people wanting to pre-heat more than once per day... I can't be the only person who drives both to work, and from work on a daily basis.

Thanks for the replies folks.

Cheers!!

Back