Tyre Pressures

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mikehep said:
But it is a pain to have to find out which is the "flat/overinflated" wheel it is
Mike
4hs frost white

Really? - I found it only triggers at about 30psi and that pressure its fairly obvious which tyre it is. :?

greendwarf said:
mikehep said:
But it is a pain to have to find out which is the "flat/overinflated" wheel it is
Mike
4hs frost white

Really? - I found it only triggers at about 30psi and that pressure its fairly obvious which tyre it is. :?
Not when the car is delivered from the dealer and a week later the warning goes off and ALL tyres are at 30psi!!

jaapv said:
...now I have a Steelmate one that has a small display for pressure that pops into the cigarette lighter socket. Ideal spot. http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Monitoring-STEELMATE%C2%AE-Cigarette-Accessories/dp/B015QTPIOC
The sensors just screw on.

Just popping in to thank you for this advice.

I bought a set of steelmate TPMS as per above, and they revealed that the front left tyre had a slow leak (about 5 psi per fortnight).

Took the car to the local tyre shop this morning, and they removed the tek-screw :shock: from the tyre and fitted a patch.

Much better than having a sudden catastrophic fail on the side of the road somewhere...

:)

Thanks jaapv!

Andy

I was using one of those screw-on TPMS systems on my MY14 4hs but the lock nuts kept corroding on to the valve stems so I have just had a system fitted by National Tyres.
Their web site shows it as an AutoGem system but all the packaging says it's a Tyre Insight system by cubautoparts.com
The fitter set the unit to 35psi and it alarms if it drops by 20% (28psi) or raises by 50% (52psi) or if the temperature goes above 80C.
I usually run with 38psi all round so we'll see how it goes :)

Back