UK Drivers earn £50-£100

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReThink

I am recruiting UK PHEV drivers for a research project
You need to drive either a Golf GTE, Mitsubishi Outlander or Vauxhall / Opel Ampera and agree to plug in a box to monitor recharging and fuel usage for 3 weeks, for this you will get £50. There is no cost to yourself at all.
Some participants will be asked to take part in a short telephone interview, this is optional but if you do it you earn another £50.
This is a European study and there are only 60 places for UK drivers and they are allocated on a first come basis. So if you are interested please follow the link below, or if you know someone who may be please forward this to them.
http://ww4.efs-survey.com/uc/phevsurvey/

True, but I guess if you want paid for it then they'll need your Bank account details at some stage ? And to be fair, they don't ask for them now, they will only ask for them after they have sent you the equipment and it has been returned to them safely.

Maybe I'm too relaxed, but giving away my account number and sort code means nothing, what are they going to do with it ? How will they make a withdrawal or clean out my account with just that ? And even if they did, the Bank would reimburse me.

Amazes me that people are so worried about giving out their Bank details, but have you ever written a cheque ? Your sort code and account number is on there as well.

anko said:
Indeed. If you want to worry about something, worry about somebody else possibly knowing where your car is at any given moment ....

Is it any different to the thousands and thousands of people who have similar tracker devices installed in their cars which allow them to benefit from cheaper insurance ?

As you can probably guess, I'm not big on all that civil liberty stuff. If you ain't doing anything wrong and have nothing to hide then I don't have a problem with it.

geoffshep69 said:
anko said:
Indeed. If you want to worry about something, worry about somebody else possibly knowing where your car is at any given moment ....

Is it any different to the thousands and thousands of people who have similar tracker devices installed in their cars which allow them to benefit from cheaper insurance ?

As you can probably guess, I'm not big on all that civil liberty stuff. If you ain't doing anything wrong and have nothing to hide then I don't have a problem with it.
Yes, it is. It is the difference between the driver asking a (known) company to install such a device or a (unknown) company asking the driver to install such a device.

Compare it to having a stranger taking a picture of you and your family with your own camera. If you took the initiative yourself, it feels much less 'risky' than when the stranger took the initiative ;)

If the car is stolen then insurers may say Thank you very much go home . If on PCP you may need to ask permission
Thats my understanding.

The Fraunhofer Institute is quite respectable; research it. Anyway, they are free to try and pinch the car; it has a Cobra immobilizer, a Bearlock and a Lojack... As for a bank account number - good lck. Everybody has to give it out to enable others -relatively to totally unknown in order to receive funds...

anko said:
Does this mean that I have to cover my number plates?

anko said:
geoffshep69 said:
anko said:

Yes, it is. It is the difference between the driver asking a (known) company to install such a device or a (unknown) company asking the driver to install such a device.

Compare it to having a stranger taking a picture of you and your family with your own camera. If you took the initiative yourself, it feels much less 'risky' than when the stranger took the initiative ;)
In a public space it is perfectly legal for a stranger to take a photograph of you and your family.

jaapv said:
anko said:
In a public space it is perfectly legal for a stranger to take a photograph of you and your family.
It is not about the place, it is not about the photograph and it is not about the family. It is about the risk of the stranger taking off with your camera ...

When I select the stranger, it will rather random. I may select a stranger that has the intention of stealing my camera, but the chance of this happening is close to 0. When the stranger approaches me, he may do so precisely because of his bad intentions. The chance of this happening is a lot bigger.

Seen the latest OHRA advertisement on TV? "Say 'Adios...'" :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=130iPzW941M

Fraunhofer pay directly into your bank account hence they do need those bank details - but they won't be asking for any passwords or anything like that - it is just so they can pay you. I'm sure if you don't want paying they will still welcome you to the project please if this is the case email [email protected]

anko said:
jaapv said:
anko said:
It is not about the place, it is not about the photograph and it is not about the family. It is about the risk of the stranger taking off with your camera ...

When I select the stranger, it will rather random. I may select a stranger that has the intention of stealing my camera, but the chance of this happening is close to 0. When the stranger approaches me, he may do so precisely because of his bad intentions. The chance of this happening is a lot bigger.

Seen the latest OHRA advertisement on TV? "Say 'Adios...'" :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=130iPzW941M
Well, I will never have a stranger use my camera, but foran entirely different reason: 98% of the population is unable to get a sharp photograph with it...

The study has had a great response from UK Outlander drivers, you can still register your interest but will probably only be selected now if one of the registered drivers drops out. However the study is now open up to all other PHEV drivers as they want a broad range of makes / models and there are places left for all other make / models

Got my parcel for this today from Germany. Looks pretty simple to set up, although for the Outlander PHEV there is a technical issue with the logger which means you need to keep a manual charging diary for the 3 weeks. Not a big deal, and they pay an additional £21 for requirement to complete the diary, so £71 in total for not much effort.

Back