UK Gov Grant Extended until end Feb 2016

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian4x4

It has been announced that the present £5000 grant has been extended until the end of Feb 2016.
It seems that you have 9 months after that date to get your car delivered.

The new arrangements will be announced in the Gov Autumn Review in November.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/plug-in-car-grant

Good news- thank you. Just ordered mine and providing the factory doesn't take a year off I'll be eligible!

Hi all, I'm a prospective PHEV buyer and have just joined the forum.

Company car due for renewal in Feb 2016, and very interested in the Outlander. I currently have a 1.6 diesel Qashqai, and the other options I am considering at renewal are 1.5 or 1.6 diesel Qashqai, or a 2.2 diesel Mazda CX5. After taking account of all lease costs, BIK, etc. the GX4h works out at about £40 per month less than the 1.5 Qashqai, £90 per month less than the Mazda, and £100 per month less than the 1.6 Qashqai. I only do between 12-15000 miles per year, so the Outlander seems a no brainer.

Interestingly, I'd been keeping an eye on the lease prices, and at the end of last week the Outlander price came down by bout £30 per month, presumably because the risk of the Govt scheme being stopped had been factored into their pricing.

I also spoke to the leasing company who confirmed that their prices relate to the 2016 model, and they are taking orders now. Apparently Mitsubishi are quoting an 18 week lead time for the vehicle.

How many of those miles are motorway and how many urban?
I ask because I have my PHEV as a company car, as do many of my colleagues, and those doing lots of motorway miles are disappointed at the fuel consumption whilst those doing urban miles and recharging are very pleased with the the car.

Don't forget the massive Benefit in Kind advantage (up to £11,000 over 3 years) which most probably overrules the fuel costs of mainly motorway use.

I am crying in my beer!!
My contract is not due for renewal until April 2016.
I hope that there will be some incentive after February for the 3h to remain on the Motability Leasing Scheme.
I have had a demo vehicle out for three days and think it is fantastic. A real challenge to get max mpg. I did 144 miles on five charges and a litre of petrol.
I reckoned the total cost of electricity and petrol worked out at 4.5p per mile compared to my Grand C4 Picasso of 10.5p per mile.
BJ :x

jkh112 said:
How many of those miles are motorway and how many urban?
I ask because I have my PHEV as a company car, as do many of my colleagues, and those doing lots of motorway miles are disappointed at the fuel consumption whilst those doing urban miles and recharging are very pleased with the the car.

My daily commute is 13 miles each way, about 8 miles of that is dual carriageway but its generally stop / start at busy times, and never really get above 60mph.

Occasional motorway trips down to England, and fully accept that on those journeys my mpg will be lower than the equivalent diesel, but hoping and expecting that the savings I make on the other miles I do on my daily commute and around the local area will more than outweigh this.

Back